Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Re: the sticky icky icky

[ QUOTE ]
The clock starts on the Raiders at noon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope they don't catch Al Davis during his nap.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:56 PM

ty Sluss

so that means first pick should be at 12:15, since for whatever reason, they always seem to delay these things.

nhl draft has 5 minutes on the clock - way better for TV - then again no one in the US knows [censored] about NHL prospects, whereas college fans have watched nfl draftees play for several years.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You honestly think getting 4 picks for 1 is that much of a downgrade? I know what your saying is getting the #23 this year isn't that great due to their being only a few true top picks but getting 4 picks for 1 from a team that is in desperate need of starters cannot be a bad thing.

The team has a ton of holes of which 1 top flight player won't fix. They need help defensively almost everywhere e/c with Rogers, Bailey and Sims. They just traded away their starting CB. I can't see how this would be a horrible dea for them. Yes the picks are outside the top flight guys in the draft but I don't think Gaines Adams is going to change their team that quickly. They are more than a Gaines Adams away from being a contender. They need starters. This would give them 4 potential starters for 1. I don't see how they can go wrong here. Denver is one of the teams in the league that doesn't need a ton of Picks. They have a good young QB, some decent RBs, an aged but good O-line (probally could use help here), a few TEs, a good young WR. They got 2 really good LBs left, 2 good cbs, and a makeshift D-line which seems to have worked.

[/ QUOTE ]

First let me say I think the Raiders will take CJ and this is all a mute point.

The trade isn't as good for the Lions as trades being rumored with Tampa and Atlanta.

Also, 4 picks for 1 would be very good, but with Matt Millen's draft history I would take my chances with 1 impact player over 4 guys in picks 21-86. In the last 3 drafts, the Lions have found 1 starter in 15 picks outside the first round. Johnathon Scott probably dosen't start for most teams.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You honestly think getting 4 picks for 1 is that much of a downgrade? I know what your saying is getting the #23 this year isn't that great due to their being only a few true top picks but getting 4 picks for 1 from a team that is in desperate need of starters cannot be a bad thing.

The team has a ton of holes of which 1 top flight player won't fix. They need help defensively almost everywhere e/c with Rogers, Bailey and Sims. They just traded away their starting CB. I can't see how this would be a horrible dea for them. Yes the picks are outside the top flight guys in the draft but I don't think Gaines Adams is going to change their team that quickly. They are more than a Gaines Adams away from being a contender. They need starters. This would give them 4 potential starters for 1. I don't see how they can go wrong here. Denver is one of the teams in the league that doesn't need a ton of Picks. They have a good young QB, some decent RBs, an aged but good O-line (probally could use help here), a few TEs, a good young WR. They got 2 really good LBs left, 2 good cbs, and a makeshift D-line which seems to have worked.

[/ QUOTE ]

First let me say I think the Raiders will take CJ and this is all a mute point.

The trade isn't as good for the Lions as trades being rumored with Tampa and Atlanta.

Also, 4 picks for 1 would be very good, but with Matt Millen's draft history I would take my chances with 1 impact player over 4 guys in picks 21-86. In the last 3 drafts, the Lions have found 1 starter in 15 picks outside the first round. Johnathon Scott probably dosen't start for most teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raiders will take Russell.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Raiders signing Culpepper and getting rid of Moss on the cheap just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

I mean, if you are only getting a fraction of value out of a Moss trade, wouldn't it be better to at least see if his chemistry with Culpepper can bring back some of the glory days?

[/ QUOTE ]

Too much $ at WR + no need to let disgruntled superstar WR near bright eyed new superstar WR. Bad example etc.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Raiders signing Culpepper and getting rid of Moss on the cheap just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

I mean, if you are only getting a fraction of value out of a Moss trade, wouldn't it be better to at least see if his chemistry with Culpepper can bring back some of the glory days?

[/ QUOTE ]

Too much $ at WR + no need to let disgruntled superstar WR near bright eyed new superstar WR. Bad example etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. if they move Moss, they're going to take a big hit to the cap so they'll still have too much money tied up at WR.

2. If Calvin Johnson is anything close to the good guy that everyone says he is then nothing Randy Moss says or does is going to make him suddenly become lazy, unmotivated and/or disgruntled.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:20 PM

Lots of new rumors swirling as expected this time of year.

-Raiders have begun contract talks with Brady Quinn's agent. Raiders began discussions with Russell & CJ's represenatives over the weekend.

-Tampa Bay is interested in Lance Briggs. Washington, Buffalo, NY Giants & Denver are also still discussing Briggs with the Bears.

-San Fransisco has joined Denver, Atlanta, Tampa Bay and probably others talking to Detroit about the #2 pick if CJ is still their.

-Titans weary of another PacMan Jones have removed Lawerence Timmons, Brandon Merriweather, Eric Wright & Jarvis Moss from their draft board. I'm sure their are more as these aren't the only guys with charecter issues.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:12 PM

Link

The link is to a summary of the Jaguars press conference on the draft. Mostly just bs but I did like one thing in the article and it was how the Jaguars said they evaluated talent.

[ QUOTE ]
Harris told reporters the Jaguars’ player evaluation process is: 1.) “How he plays on tape.” 2.) “From there it’s about the guy’s makeup.” 3.) Workouts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-25-2007, 10:47 AM

If they trade Moss do they take a cap hit?
Old 04-25-2007, 10:53 AM

Matters how his contract is structured.

If this website is right then they won't be hit.

http://vikings.scout.com/2/11953.html

It says he got an 8 year up to 75 million dollar contract. A base contract of 8 a year with a 18 million dollar signing bonus that's paid out in the first 3 years at 10, 7.5 and .5 million dollars. If this is true if they move him, since the contract is not guaranteed they would not be hit with a hit due to the trade because the guaranteed part of the salary (Bonus) has already insued. If he was in the first year of the contract and traded, the team would have been hit with an 18 million dollar salary cap hit, the 2nd year a 8 million and the 3rd year a .5 million, etc.