Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2006, 09:26 PM

Default Re: An idea that I proposed to Lee Jones

It can't start at supernova. It needs to be tiered, starting at silver.

Also, they need to give more VPP's for raked hands that are more than $1. They also should give a slight bonus if it is 6 max instead of full ring.

The VPP structure for sng's and tournaments is pretty good right now, and I don't have any complaints about that. Of course I wouldn't complain if they upped it.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

not as important, let us buy into SNG's with points (or even smaller multis) If I'm earning $1000+ worth of points a month I'd feel a lot better about playing 20 $50 buyins rather than a Sunday $530 and a couple $215's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I haven't even thought of this. Excellent idea.

I will write Stars support tonight. Any different email for their "marketing" team or whoever is making the changes there?

[/ QUOTE ]

i also agree it would be nice to be able to buy into some smaller tournies.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i also agree it would be nice to be able to buy into some smaller tournies.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be nice if they had a system similar to how you use UB points to enter a tourney.

When you register, a box pops up giving you the option to use cash, $T/$W, or FPP's (with the amount of FPP's being determined by the buy-in). You select which way you want to pay for the tourney and your in.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Essentially this would just be giving a better price on the WSOP (and other) tourneys which I would be completely in favor of and would be more likely to take advantage of.

WSOP main-event at 700k FPP's is too steep imo.
I would do it for 400k FPP's. Would certainly consider it for 500k.

This effect could also be achieved by giving bonus points to hands that are raked more than a $1.

If they gave just a slight increase in the points that you accumulate and a slight decrease in the cost of the events then I would be far more likely to be there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming you have an "unmentionable" deal that gives you $1,5K a month (which is low if you are a high volume player) why would anybody be interested in accumulating 700K FPPs (would take what? 3 years of intensive playing).

To resume, with unmentionnable a WSOP entry every 7 months playing 4 tables 6 hours a day and with the Stars program a WSOP entry every 3 years playing 8 tables 12 hours a day... Hmmm... difficult choice.... (if one is brain dammaged that is)
Old 03-28-2006, 10:20 PM

700k FPP's does not equal 700k raked-hands.

Probably 280k-300k raked hands off the top of my head.

Still a lot...just making sure all understood that 1 raked-hand does not equal 1 FPP after a little while.

It's 2.5 FPP's I believe once you hit platinum (10k raked-hands) and it's 3.5 FPP's once you hit supernova.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Essentially this would just be giving a better price on the WSOP (and other) tourneys which I would be completely in favor of and would be more likely to take advantage of.

WSOP main-event at 700k FPP's is too steep imo.
I would do it for 400k FPP's. Would certainly consider it for 500k.

This effect could also be achieved by giving bonus points to hands that are raked more than a $1.

If they gave just a slight increase in the points that you accumulate and a slight decrease in the cost of the events then I would be far more likely to be there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would actually increase the overall play at Stars if they did "discount" WSOP/WPT events and offer many, many more live smaller cost tourney options.

The case can be made that there is good reason to discount these live tourney entries versus other VIP store items. Poker tables, fancy chip sets, gift certificates, and sports cars are all very nice items, but they have little or no potential in securing other new players for PokerStars.

Live tournies, on the other hand, (as Stars well knows) have great potential in increasing their player base.

The smaller tourney options would give many, many more players who do not play at the highest volume or higher limits an opportunity to play in WSOP/WSOP circuit and WPT events and gives Stars a grass roots marketing effect for these smaller non-televised events that they probably do not presently have.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:40 PM

I am well aware that you soon start earning 2,5 FPPs (and you will perhaps earn 3,5 for a month or 2).
Even so, it will take close to 3 years of daily multitabling to obtain what you could have after 6/7 months of normal play with the other option.

I can't understand how anybody (in general, not you) can argue in favor of the Stars VIP program [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

The power of good marketing is amazing.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's good business.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhh...no, but whatever.

[ QUOTE ]
Do it my way, and I'd play more, but I'm not going to kill myself playing insane hours just to get some perk allocated for the chosen few.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol "chosen few" This is like you saying your not going to buy a product anymore because the "chosen few" get to by it for less. The "chosen few" being bulk purchasers. I don't get the "insane hours" part either. It doesn't take "insane hours" to reach plat. for a month if you play decent stakes.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:56 AM

I think this would be a great idea if (at least) the platinum players got something out of it every month.

It's pretty hard to be able to reach the supernova status, so if they would just eliminate the freerolls and start giving out these VIP bonuses, this would give me an incentive to play much more.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:13 AM

I currently only play on Party. The only way to get me to move to Stars is offer rakeback or something like this.