Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Do you pay your income tax. If not; why not?

[ QUOTE ]
I also happily pay my income tax. After all it's an excellent bargain.

Every year I am faced with the choice of either paying off the government with some of my earnings or getting locked up in jail. Jail sucks, and it would really hinder my opportunity to earn, so I gladly pay my income tax.

I consider income tax a bargain, considering I'd probably be willing to give everything I own to stay out of jail, and the government is only asking for 40% of one year's earnings! What a bargain.

natedogg

[/ QUOTE ]

I was laughing at the obvious sarcasm but then I noticed you choose to live in California which is one of the most taxed states. Now I'm confused.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously if zaster lived over here, he would be paying taxes. This whole thread is silly. Messing with the feds is not a smart choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently 1/6 people don't pay their income tax. Chomsky publicly announced he did not pay income tax for 2 years so I assume you are anticipating his prison sentence.

And yes of course I would pay "tax". I would of course, however, enquire into the legality of the income tax and see what others do as I have attempted in this thread. Perhaps I should have made a thread about how awesome Ron Paul is or how cool anarcho-capitalism is instead.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Obviously if zaster lived over here, he would be paying taxes. This whole thread is silly. Messing with the feds is not a smart choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently 1/6 people don't pay their income tax. Chomsky publicly announced he did not pay income tax for 2 years so I assume you are anticipating his prison sentence.

And yes of course I would pay "tax". I would of course, however, enquire into the legality of the income tax and see what others do as I have attempted in this thread. Perhaps I should have made a thread about how awesome Ron Paul is or how cool anarcho-capitalism is instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

1/6 of those who have to pay don't pay? Nonsense
Chomsky had 2 years where he had income and didn't pay any taxes? Nonsense. He's the first person the IRS would go after.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its all well and good that people are so morally perfect that they would not pay taxes to avoid paying for the "war machine".

I would simply kindly ask them to stay the [censored] off my roads and keep their kids out of my public schools. Don't expect the police or fire department to help you out either. That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

None of those are paid for by federal income taxes, so GG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another poster quoted the following regarding the use of income tax:

* $89.9 billion - Education and training
* $76.9 billion - Transportation

Is this wrong? I'm sort of sitting on the fence here as I'm hearing from perhaps both sides of the extreme views.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you quit being so lazy and research it for yourself. The information you seek is readily available.

[/ QUOTE ]

The information the government supplied regarding the Gulf of Tonkin was readily avaialable. The "real" truth which was much harder to learn at the time was not. But yes obviously the news and government activity is very easily accessable in America; in fact it is available 24/7 on Fox News, I forgot. How ignorant I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol score one completely irrelevant vietnam reference

its the internetz lolz "information age" and [censored]

welcome to the 21st century sir, its the not 60s anymore
Old 08-28-2007, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Its all well and good that people are so morally perfect that they would not pay taxes to avoid paying for the "war machine".

I would simply kindly ask them to stay the [censored] off my roads and keep their kids out of my public schools. Don't expect the police or fire department to help you out either. That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as you don't ask them to pay for it that's a fair request.

natedogg
Old 08-28-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I also happily pay my income tax. After all it's an excellent bargain.

Every year I am faced with the choice of either paying off the government with some of my earnings or getting locked up in jail. Jail sucks, and it would really hinder my opportunity to earn, so I gladly pay my income tax.

I consider income tax a bargain, considering I'd probably be willing to give everything I own to stay out of jail, and the government is only asking for 40% of one year's earnings! What a bargain.

natedogg

[/ QUOTE ]

I was laughing at the obvious sarcasm but then I noticed you choose to live in California which is one of the most taxed states. Now I'm confused.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was born and raised in california and all my family and friends are here. I'm weak, I know. However, if they socialize health care I will probably leave, if I can't figure out a way out of it. I'm self-employed so I might have some options.

natedogg
Old 08-28-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You do not pay 40% of your income in taxes. You benefit from the taxes you do pay and not just by staying out of jail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Says you.

natedogg
Old 08-28-2007, 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as you don't ask them to pay for it that's a fair request.

natedogg

[/ QUOTE ]

It would only be fair if you also avoid destroying the free market and preventing competition.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
An easy but crude way to think of the federal budget:

50% SS/Medicare/Medicaid
25% defense
10% interest on debt
15% everything else

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why so many people think it is the social programs that drain us of our taxes.

You are wrong.

SSI pays its own way. It is running a surplus and the surplus is being used to pay down the deficit (created from spending more money on defense than all of the other countries in the world combined) before the govt has to go out and borrow money.

Social Security is not part of the Federal Budget. That is why you are taxed seperately and loans billions every year to the government to help finance the federal budget.

Last time I checked, Medicaid paid its own way also.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1/6 of those who have to pay don't pay? Nonsense
Chomsky had 2 years where he had income and didn't pay any taxes? Nonsense. He's the first person the IRS would go after.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I just re-read the article and he actually says:
[ QUOTE ]
The only respect in which I have personally gone any further is in refusal to pay half of my income tax last year, and again, this year.

[/ QUOTE ]