Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2006, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Flopped set of aces... should I have bet the flop?

Shouldn't you vary your flop bet based on the number of players left to act and the composition of the board? I bet higher when there is more than one opponent, and I don't think it tells them what I have. Also, on a draw heavy board, doesn't it make sense to charge more to see a card?

In SSNL about the most my opponents seem to notice is that I see less flops than the rest of the limpers, so they eventually calm down and become capable of folding when I bet.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shouldn't you vary your flop bet based on the number of players left to act and the composition of the board?

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting % of the pot accomplishes this. I do not vary my c-bet on board composition.

[ QUOTE ]
I bet higher when there is more than one opponent, and I don't think it tells them what I have.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the flop is multiway, then a full pot cb will be more if the hand has 4 players vs if the hand has 2 players, so I think we agree here.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, on a draw heavy board, doesn't it make sense to charge more to see a card?

[/ QUOTE ]

A 2/3 to full pot bet prices out most draws (for immediate odds purposes).
Old 02-22-2006, 08:17 PM

4_2_it

This brings up something that has been bothering me, and maybe needs its own thread. In SSNL games there are frequent multi-way flops (4, 5 or 6!), even after I have raised preflop. Does a c-bet make any sense at all if I haven't connected? The chance of getting 5 folds is about zero.

If I have connected and board is very organized, the only way to get the callers down to managable level seems to be overbetting the flop.

Yes, this is a betting pattern, but does it matter in this case? These N-way pots are frustrating.