Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 05-25-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Re: KQs deepstacked 10/20 xpost

Baluga-

With the hands cole posted, I would not be calling this turn. I'd be shoving it a lot. Apparently if this guy puts in a raise, hes going to the felt with his hand. Unfortunate he has a set, but top two is way ahead of his range of post-flop borderline down syndrome.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Baluga-

With the hands cole posted, I would not be calling this turn. I'd be shoving it a lot. Apparently if this guy puts in a raise, hes going to the felt with his hand. Unfortunate he has a set, but top two is way ahead of his range of post-flop borderline down syndrome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get this at all. Do some of you really believe that just because the guy has no clue how to adjust to CTS, he automatically plays like a complete moron against everyone else? I'd think that the simple fact that Baluga, a respected poster NOT considered a complete donkey, viewed the guy as a solid reg should tip you off that the guy obviously varies his play depending on opponent.

When playing against a world class smart lag with great hand reading skills, people tend to think/do some crazy things - just look at the Limon post accusing Bld of cheating from early 06. It stands to reason that by no means should a 22/18 base their read of an opponent on how he has historically reacted to CTS's crazy a$$.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Baluga-

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get this at all. Do some of you really believe that just because the guy has no clue how to adjust to CTS, he automatically plays like a complete moron against everyone else? I'd think that the simple fact that Baluga, a respected poster NOT considered a complete donkey, viewed the guy as a solid reg should tip you off that the guy obviously varies his play depending on opponent.

When playing against a world class smart lag with great hand reading skills, people tend to think/do some crazy things - just look at the Limon post accusing Bld of cheating from early 06. It stands to reason that by no means should a 22/18 base their read of an opponent on how he has historically reacted to CTS's crazy a$$.

[/ QUOTE ]

cts i think i found you love.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Baluga-

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cts i think i found you love.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if I offended you. Please enjoy a nice new avatar, compliments of the house.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:48 PM

cts is great player but his style should not be confused with bld's high gear. Not that i care to analyze someones style but the dynamic with cole is a lot different than it used to be with the sweater builder and if staalmusa put in that much $$ with A high on the 9933 board its b/c he was either on tilt or just terrible, i dont think he was just trying to make an adjustment to cts and got stuck in a weird spot.