Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Unreal ending to Oiler/Stars game last night, 16 seconds left

Jared - that goalie play is ridiculous.

The clip of the guy missing when he tried to kick isn't very good.
Sportscenter had a replay of it from an on-field camera where you can clearly see how the ball bonuced over his foot.

Here's a long youtube one I saw with really horrible music but some really funny goals.
The ones in the last 2 minutes are better. Some of the goals in the first couple minutes are pretty boring.

The very last one is pretty funny.
link

And here's one more funny one. I like his idea and might try to get sneaky like this in rec-league soccer coming up.
link
Old 01-07-2007, 05:01 AM

holy crap
Old 01-07-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jared - that goalie play is ridiculous.

The clip of the guy missing when he tried to kick isn't very good.
Sportscenter had a replay of it from an on-field camera where you can clearly see how the ball bonuced over his foot.

Here's a long youtube one I saw with really horrible music but some really funny goals.
The ones in the last 2 minutes are better. Some of the goals in the first couple minutes are pretty boring.

The very last one is pretty funny.
link

And here's one more funny one. I like his idea and might try to get sneaky like this in rec-league soccer coming up.
link

[/ QUOTE ]

The first one looks like a highlite reel from my indoor soccer league this season. I'm the goalie, and I'm not very good. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

A couple of them actually not as bad as they look. In particular, when the ball is rolling outside of your 18 yard box and an opponent is bearing down on you all you can do it fling your feet at the ball and hope it bounces clear. You can't pick it up or cover it.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:19 PM

Here's another enjoyable soccer goalie moment:

Goalie scores, then gets scored on
Old 01-07-2007, 03:08 PM

It waasn't so much that he missed -- it was how he missed.

All he had to do is slide the puck into the net. Nobody was anywhere near him. Instead, he non-chalantly tried to move the puck to his backhand, which is when the puck bounced on him.

People who are claiming that "pucks bounce on people all the time" are right...but had Stefan not been so non-chalant about the play, it never would have happened to him. There was absolutely no reason to move the puck to his backhand, he should have just shot the puck from his forehand and be done with it. The fault is 100% his.

This is similar to that retarded US female snowboard racer who lost the gold medal in the last Olypics when she decided to hot-dog as she went over the last jump before the finish line.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:54 PM

Yeah, the ones where the goalie comes out of the box or where the goalie dove to one side and it just squirted off his hands weren't really that bad.

A couple of them that floated over his head were all too typical of my rec-league goalie on my coed team.

The last one on the real where he lost site of it and it bounced in off his head was pretty awesome though.

We had a semi-similar goal for that highlight reel when the goalie was trying to clear it but my aggressive striker charged forward and it hit him in side of the face and from about 25 yards out went straight into the goal.
Good aggressive play by my striker.

Kevmath - Yeah, I had seen that one too as I was surfing around.
Love it.

I'm absolutely serious about trying to score one of the more 'sneaky' goals when the goalie puts it down and isn't paying attention.
I'll report back if/when I actually do it.
Outdoor season doesn't start until late-Feb though so it's not going to happen anytime soon.