Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2006, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Worst. Cheater. Ever.

[ QUOTE ]
Has anybody reported him to Party yet? Preferably someone who played with him and has hand histories...

[/ QUOTE ]

I reported him as soon as I sat in. Time stamped @ 8:25 pm to VIP at PP and then forwarded my own message to abuse at PP about 5 minutes later. In inimitable Party style my message to VIP bounced as "unable to open mailbox;" and I've heard nothing from the abuse@ address.

Total joke of customer service (not just the lack of email replies, but the fact that a poor bot can play for hours, apparently at more than one table, and not be detected). Now that I'm sober and it's clearer that this was some sort of bot, I'm going to email again this morning.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:52 PM

why would you report this bot that is so easy to exploit???
Old 07-29-2006, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can someone post the AK 88 hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: ComplexYarn is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB (ciriprovo)/ caps</font>, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">ciriprovo bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">ciriprovo caps</font>, MP calls, Button calls.

Turn: (12.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">ciriprovo bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">ciriprovo 3-bets</font>, MP folds, Button calls.

River: (19.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">ciriprovo bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">ciriprovo 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 25.25 BB

Results below:
ciriprovo has Ks Ah (three of a kind, kings).
Button has 8d 8s (full house, eights full of kings).
Outcome: Button wins 25.25 BB.

[ QUOTE ]
What did he have in the hand where lost to T9h?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're going to have to refresh my memory -- don't see anything around the time of your post relating to T9h.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:08 PM

please tell me you're joking
Old 07-29-2006, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why would you report this bot that is so easy to exploit???

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I don't think the utility of trying to play with and exploit the bot sufficiently offsets the overall risks to the game when bots are permitted to play unreported (I am especially concerned that someone built a bot that is capable of playing 20-40 short against some of the donkeys that play the game -- if the bot-writer fixed the "skip SB" flaw and refined a few eccentricities in the application, I think from what I saw that the bot could hold its own against a good number of players in this game, or at least not hemorrhage money while the bot-writer refines his program).

2. I don't think it's fair to play at a table with the bot when other players at the table are unaware of the circumstances (at least I personally wouldn't feel comfortable).

3. I had already reported the player before playing with him for a while and realizing it was a bot.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:18 PM

I posted a follow-up to the situation described in this thread in the Zoo. Thread HERE.

Edit: typo