Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Re: A proposed change to the sporting events forum

I agree, the NBA thread is a joke. Not sure where the mods are there. If I followed the NBA, I would have said something about it or asked the mods to create separate threads.

It ends up being a real time thread, so if you want to comment on something on a game the previous day, too bad because everyone is already OMGing about the current game.

Also, right now I really only care about the PHO-SAT series - not the other 3.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree, the NBA thread is a joke. Not sure where the mods are there. If I followed the NBA, I would have said something about it or asked the mods to create separate threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If enough people can get together to warrant a thread, it should be made.

We have very very few threads in Sporting Events in comparison to just about every other forum. I have no problem with hoping people use common sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

theres no rule in place to prevent you guys from making a new thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-14-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It ends up being a real time thread, so if you want to comment on something on a game the previous day, too bad because everyone is already OMGing about the current game.

[/ QUOTE ] This is a good point. Maybe there should be an NBA playoffs commentary thread and one Real Time NBA Playoffs game thread. Both encompassing both Conferences. Could be cool.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] This is a good point. Maybe there should be an NBA playoffs commentary thread and one Real Time NBA Playoffs game thread. Both encompassing both Conferences. Could be cool.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that's probably a good idea, RacersEdge is right. I've made the mistake of posting a question or comment during a game only to have it get buried under an avalanche of posts mostly consisting solely of "OMG", "WTF", "LOL", or other things that make no sense out of context (which, by the way, I have no idea why people make those useless posts which have a shelf life of about one minute).

MEbenhoe already twice said that people can start whatever threads they like, if people are really that off-put by the big one then go for it, but I wouldn't like the splintering. It's not like there's very many NBA posters, and there will be fewer with a rooting interest each round.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

theres no rule in place to prevent you guys from making a new thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's not. But no one will post in it because they're posting in the monster playoff thread.

If this board had a better search, a large thread is manageable. E.g., AVSForum has a humongous 16,000+ post thread just on a single TV. It's impossible to read every post, but it's not necessary--use search to narrow it down.

With the playoffs, and the time-sensitve nature of the posts, it's harder to follow a 2000+ post thread. You'll read a news story and think it's interesting, but you have to cull through a couple hundred of posts to see if it's been discussed so far.

Plus, some people just don't care about the other series. I haven't seen a single Eastern Conference playoff game and have no desire to. So why should I wade through posts about those games to get to discussion of the Western Conference games.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:35 PM

Guys, I will start an in game thread.