Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   A proposed change to the sporting events forum (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397919)

Eagles 05-07-2007 11:45 PM

A proposed change to the sporting events forum

How about making more threads. I understand the point of having official threads but there isn't much clutter on the front page because not that many threads get started.

I don't know what others think but having threads like the "official NHL Playoff thread" and the "official NBA playoff thread" get so long and difficult to follow. As well the quality of discussion gets worse because usually there are multiple discussions going on at the same time. I'd suggest starting threads for each individual series and just in general creating more threads so it is easier to find what you are looking for.

kidcolin 05-07-2007 11:47 PM

Re: A proposed change to the sporting events forum

Both NBA threads are awesome and have lead to great discussion, for the most part.

owsley 05-07-2007 11:47 PM

there should definitely be different threads for each nba series

Triumph36 05-08-2007 12:05 AM

if there were different threads, a lot of people wouldn't read the individual ones. you don't have to read every post.

are you reading in threaded mode? if people quote properly it should be pretty easy to follow.

owsley 05-08-2007 12:07 AM

the nba playoffs thread is now 2500 posts long, and we are in game one of the 2nd round... pretty soon it will have to be broken up. people are only going to start posting more when it gets to the conference finals. it makes sense to have one big one when there are 8 different series but when there are fewer series they should probably be divided up.

ZBTHorton 05-08-2007 12:09 AM

I totally agree with the suggestions.

Each series should have it's own thread.

Needle77 05-08-2007 12:10 AM

The thread should last through the conference semi's. If not there would be no one posting in a Net-Cavs thread. When we get to the Conference finals I wouldn't mind a NBA Conference Finals Thread.

kidcolin 05-08-2007 12:11 AM

I don't think that makes a ton of sense. I mean, you can make an "NBA Finals thread".. fine, but is it really any different than being page 20 of the Finals thread?

btw I'm fine with a finals thread, but I'd rather have both conference finals discussed in the same thread. It's nice to be able to discuss everything without jumping around thread to thread. That's why the monster NBA thread ruled.

sublime 05-08-2007 12:12 AM

start banning really bad posters ala OOT. now thats a step in the right direction.

Assani Fisher 05-08-2007 12:16 AM

I agree with OP. I also think this forum would be a lot better if people stopped complaining about posters they don't like and just ignored them.