Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 09:59 PM

Default Re: \"He has to like her more\"

"it is creepy when a boy cannot watch a movie because he is too busy staring at you."

its worked out ok so far...

seriously though, I pretty much feel the same as tpf.

also for those saying then why do jerks get girls? etc...
I think the confident jerkish qualities may attract the girl in the first place or w/e but if they are legitamately a jerk to her for the extent of the relationship either the guy is probably dating down or the relationship is not very good.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:25 PM

I agree with a lot of what you said fluffpop.

Also, it has always seemed to me that when guys are really excited about a girl, they fall harder and with fewer reservations than girls do. Guys may let themselves slide into comfortable relationships with girls they like "enough", especially if the girl is persistent. However, when a guy meets a girl that he genuinely feels "wow, how incredibly lucky I would be to be with her" he falls in love much more quickly and more deeply...and wants a commitment much faster.

I actually think men are the true romantics of the two genders. It just seems that when they think you are "the one", they want to seal the deal. It wouldn't surprise me if the reason there are so many "commitment-phobes" is because so many guys are in relationships with girls that they aren't really wowed by, but are too lazy to look for someone else. And like fluff says, when they are crazy about her, they will do some absurd things just to make their girl happy. When I see my guy do something like that, I don't care about the little irritating things...so I don't nag him about them (ok...MOSTLY don't nag about them [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). It also makes me want to spoil him and be his refuge the way he does for me. The whole relationship is lovelier.

So, if a guy doesn't clearly pursue me in the beginning, and appear to like me more, I don't see much point in continuing, because I never want to be that girl that some guy likes "enough" to keep around for sex and food for 7 years.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
guys are much more likely to cheat.

[/ QUOTE ]

sometimes I wonder if this is just a lie we tell ourselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to say there are studies which suggest women cheat as much or more than men. Maybe someone ambitious can research this. I am sure there have been sociology or psychology studies on this exact issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.australianpaternityfraud....tle_Secret.htm

There you go.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
because guys are much more likely to cheat.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong
Old 02-06-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

All the people saying wrong, please provide some type of evidence.

I cannot believe that women cheat more than men.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

All the people saying wrong, please provide some type of evidence.

I cannot believe that women cheat more than men.

[/ QUOTE ]

See link above.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:30 AM

fluff,

"i don't think i would ever exclusively be with someone who i wasn't positive liked me more then i liked them."

"in the beginning there's no way i'd be comfortable unless i knew he was completely smitten."

"it is creepy when a boy cannot watch a movie because he is too busy staring at you."

From your posts Ive read of yours, you seem like a cool person, that said, I dont trust anything comes out of any chick's mouth. You guys all seem lost in a confused world of magazines and television, and so often, the words out of your mouth seem to contradict your actions.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
guys are much more likely to cheat.

[/ QUOTE ]

sometimes I wonder if this is just a lie we tell ourselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to say there are studies which suggest women cheat as much or more than men. Maybe someone ambitious can research this. I am sure there have been sociology or psychology studies on this exact issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.australianpaternityfraud....tle_Secret.htm

There you go.

[/ QUOTE ]

The article reads,

"Between 30 and 50 per cent of women cheat on their partners, compared with 50 to 80 per cent of men, said Dr. Lipton, a psychiatrist with the Swedish Medical Center in Washington who last year co-wrote The Myth of Monogamy with her husband, David Barash."

I grew up in a monogomous home. I know I'm in the growing minority who's parents have never been divorced. With that being said, I was dumbfounded by this number. I find it staggering that the %s, although fairly broad, are this high.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:13 AM

I used to agree with sentiments in OP, at least for myself, not really as a general rule. I spent 8 years trying to please a demanding nutcase, waking up every morning and asking myself the Chris Rock question: "What can I do today to make this bitch happy?" That worked out: not well. Now I prefer women that like me enough to chase after me. Adsman said he gets bored with chicks who worship him...that's the young man's perogative. I'm almost 30 dammit, give me a chick that bakes me cookies and laughes at 100% of my jokes.

--GA
Old 02-07-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fluff,

"a) i don't want to be hurt, and if he likes me more and it doesn't work out, then it's not going to be particularly hurtful"

I'm almost the opposite. It often pains me much more to see someone else hurting badly than to be in pain myself. It's pretty much the worst feeling possible for me. I really do think I'd rather be left to deal with my own pain than to know I've caused that kind of pain in someone else.

[/ QUOTE ]
Amen.