Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 12:24 PM

Default Re: 10/15 NL- opinions on this laydown.....

you suck at poker
Old 03-13-2007, 12:43 PM

Location: Phase 1: collect underpants Phase 2: ??? Phase 3: Profit

I would definitely play this hand very fast on the flop and turn because your holding is very unusual and you've hit the flop amazingly. Waiting on it, looks suspicious and keeps the pot small, which is not what you want to do.
I feel like you just posted this in order to brag that you made a great river read.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:23 PM

Same hand 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Different Board:
A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

What's your plan on the river? After his flop check and turn raise, you have to put him on at least the Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Do you check/call if you get the right price, or check/fold and flip over the second nuts and send the table wild?
Old 03-13-2007, 02:43 PM

Very fast on the flop- maybe. Very fast on the turn- definitely. I'm fully admitting that I played this hand wrong on at least one street, and possibly two.

The point of me posting this (and I don't post often) was to find out how many guys out there actually play according to their reads sometimes even if the odds dictate to play otherwise. Apparently not many. Do I play every hand I flop big like this? Of course not, but in this situation I give his hand two possibilites and my hand didn't beat either one of them.

Lee
Old 03-13-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very fast on the flop- maybe. Very fast on the turn- definitely. I'm fully admitting that I played this hand wrong on at least one street, and possibly two.

The point of me posting this (and I don't post often) was to find out how many guys out there actually play according to their reads sometimes even if the odds dictate to play otherwise. Apparently not many. Do I play every hand I flop big like this? Of course not, but in this situation I give his hand two possibilites and my hand didn't beat either one of them.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Just so you know, you folded the best hand. If this guy did have you beat, he would have told you he didn't.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:49 PM

This is a bad analogy for so many reasons, the primary one being that he could easily raise in this position with just the Qd. With a turn raise he obviously has the Qd, but it's 45/1 that his other card is the Jd. I guess you could eliminate a lot more hands because of his preflop raise, but you see what I'm getting at.

In my hand, I came to the conclusion that the only hands he could have played the way he did were AA and 33. I wasn't "guessing" that's what he had, I in fact eliminated every other hand as a possibility in my mind. Was I correct? Who knows, but I went with my read. And like I said, folding face up gave me a great opportunity to set the table up to buy pots and pick off bluffs.

Lee
Old 03-13-2007, 02:52 PM

sick meta game play?
Old 03-13-2007, 02:53 PM

I offered him a green chip as he was leaving to tell me privately what he had. He wouldn't say what his hand was, only that he had me beat and he didn't understand how I could lay it down. Take it for what it's worth, but he was out of the game and had no reason to lie to me other than to screw with my head for fun. He could've been- who knows.

Lee
Old 03-13-2007, 02:55 PM

where's ZJ's thread about calling all in with nut low no draw for metagame. i feel like this one has gone the same way.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:03 PM

I'm glad you brought it up. In thinking about how this table played out over the next 5 hours, I actually think folding this hand face up when I'm pretty sure I'm ahead might've made more money than the $1275 in the pot. Of course the reason I folded was because I was pretty sure I was beat and I don't see myself ever folding a probable winner face up to get action, but it was amazing to see how people thought they could run me over with garbage after I showed the hand.