Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many poker books do you read every month?
books? what are those 21 25.93%
1-2 53 65.43%
3 or more 7 8.64%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 08:21 AM

Default Re: Mine Dribbles (NC Thread)

you wanting to recieve on stars or ftp? I've got a bit left on ftp and I don't play there much anymore. I will be home about 3pm central if you don't get any help before then.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:52 PM

I just posted this in the thread in MHSH, but people here might be interested, too.

I'm working right now to get a stint in the Moderator's Playground as the Limit-->NL forum, specifically for limit veterans who are looking to learn NL. For those of you that don't know, the Moderator's Playground is a forum where the mods can ask Mat to run that forum on whatever topic they wish for a month or so. Typically, it's been non-poker stuff (anywhere from the Mod Forum Discussion Forum to the Alcohol forum to Golf right now). However, there shouldn't be anything wrong w/ using it as a strat form, either. I'm not sure if it would have legs as a permanent forum, and after we get our feet wet, we might want to fold our NL discussion into uNL, SSNL, MSNL, or HSNL as appropriate anyway. With the thoughts I've read in MHSH, in SSSH, and in MicroLimit, AND in conjunction with the PNL book coming out, this would seem to be a good time for that forum. If you're interested, maybe shoot off a PM to Mat Sklansky saying you'd want to see a Limit-->NL forum in the Playground.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:31 PM

Ever have one of those days where you wake up and realize you're retarded?
Old 07-22-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ever have one of those days where you wake up and realize you're retarded?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does today end in -y? Then yes. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2007, 03:34 PM

Hey, Zelda, I've got a question for you. In Zelda OoT, do the red or blue outfits make you any more or less susceptible to various kinds of damage, like the blue outfit did in TP? Or is it just that once you're outside of the water or the crater, you just get to pick which outfit you look most dapper in, and the rest doesn't matter?
Old 07-22-2007, 03:42 PM

Aside from the environmental bonuses, I don't remember them having any difference. So, no.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just posted this in the thread in MHSH, but people here might be interested, too.

I'm working right now to get a stint in the Moderator's Playground as the Limit-->NL forum, specifically for limit veterans who are looking to learn NL. For those of you that don't know, the Moderator's Playground is a forum where the mods can ask Mat to run that forum on whatever topic they wish for a month or so. Typically, it's been non-poker stuff (anywhere from the Mod Forum Discussion Forum to the Alcohol forum to Golf right now). However, there shouldn't be anything wrong w/ using it as a strat form, either. I'm not sure if it would have legs as a permanent forum, and after we get our feet wet, we might want to fold our NL discussion into uNL, SSNL, MSNL, or HSNL as appropriate anyway. With the thoughts I've read in MHSH, in SSSH, and in MicroLimit, AND in conjunction with the PNL book coming out, this would seem to be a good time for that forum. If you're interested, maybe shoot off a PM to Mat Sklansky saying you'd want to see a Limit-->NL forum in the Playground.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dig the idea a lot.

I was trying to learn back when I still played online, the highest I played was $100 NL and well, I basically played like a rock (14/7/1.5) something and just played super cautious and just got paid off on my monsters because people can't lay down top pair.

Would like a forum geared towards limit -> NL transition, as I think there are theories and concepts that limit users will apply in NL, and big ones that they don't know about.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:02 PM

Beat: The chicken I was BBQing for dinner tonight died in a grease fire. I was cooking it indirectly between outside burners on my gas grill, but I guess it got hot enough that the grease that had dripped down into the drip pan the thing caught fire while I wasn't looking. It wasn't even fully cooked on the inside, but it was inedible outside.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:50 AM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

H8 donks who play gutshots

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP2 :#A500AF(effin moran)/ (t7695)
CO :#A500AF(some guy)/ (t1824)
Button :#A500AF(some other guy)/ (t7412)
Hero (t4705)
BB :#A500AF(dude who raises lots)/ (t2360)
UTG :#A500AF(random whoever)/ (t1695)
UTG+1 :#A500AF(another dude)/ (t11270)
MP1 :#A500AF(someone)/ (t2795)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 :#A500AF(effin moran)/ raises to t300</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls t225, BB :#A500AF(dude who raises lots)/ calls t150.

Flop: (t900) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">dude who raises lots bets t350</font>, effin moran calls t350, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1200</font>, dude who raises lots folds, effin moran calls t850.

Turn: (t3650) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t3205 (All-In)</font>, effin moran calls t3205.

River: (t10060) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t10060

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kd Ac (two pair, aces and kings).
effin moran has Qh Jh (straight, ace high).
Outcome: effin moran wins t10060. </font>

yeah I know, shoulda raised more on the flop
Old 07-23-2007, 01:11 AM

70 fpp sats are easy..LOL

3rd hand I get AI PF w/ AA and lose to KTs..
down to only 395 chips...

So short stack strat effective from go.

Push AKs, AJs, 99 in the next 3 orbits doubling up on the AK and AJ. W/ blinds going up every 5 minutes, it just becomes a push fest for me [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. The only time I ever actually made a standard raise was when it was HU and I had a slight chip lead w/ QQ. I pull out to a huge CL and the other guy keeps folding to my pushes when he has 2-7 BBs and he finally calls when he has about 1.5BBs w/ K8 v my KJ.. simple game this is..LOL
Closed Thread