Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2006, 08:49 PM

Default Re: An idea that I proposed to Lee Jones

I would also be much more likely to play there if all the SuperNova benefits lasted a year after you get there.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would also be much more likely to play there if all the SuperNova benefits lasted a year after you get there.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think they do. could be wrong, but if you get there any time on 2006 you are nova all of 07. double check that though.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:54 PM

Not according to the (very sneaky) wording on the site:

Example: You earn your 100,000th VPP of 2006 on July 17th, 2006. You are now a Supernova VIP and immediately begin accruing the benefits of that level. You remain a Supernova until December 31st, 2006, at which time your VPPs reset. However, you will continue to have access to the Supernova store through June 30th, 2007.

According to this, you only have the benefits of the STORE until halfway through next year. Whoopee?!?

Essentially this would just be giving a better price on the WSOP (and other) tourneys which I would be completely in favor of and would be more likely to take advantage of.

WSOP main-event at 700k FPP's is too steep imo.
I would do it for 400k FPP's. Would certainly consider it for 500k.

This effect could also be achieved by giving bonus points to hands that are raked more than a $1.

If they gave just a slight increase in the points that you accumulate and a slight decrease in the cost of the events then I would be far more likely to be there.

i see. yeah thats not very cool at all.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Earlier this year Lee PM'd me looking for an opinion on how rakeback compares to PokerStars VIP/FPP program. After discussing the situation with him I proposed the idea of offering a monthly bonus similar to rakeback to the supernovas. The idea was that each supernova would be given a monthly bonus which would be determined by the amount that he had been playing previous months. Then, if the player obtained a certain number of points that month he would get the bonus. The bonuses would have to be substantial though, so that they were comparable to rakeback. For example, perhaps in the range of $1000-$1500 for a player who plays 30k hands of 5/10 6 max. Or something similar to that. If this was implemented how would you react?

[/ QUOTE ]

Horseshit. Why do the morons who play ten tables for 16 hours straight get all the perks while the regular Joes get the Jimmy Dean?

Give everybody the same deal. That way--the more you play--the more you make.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the reason the poker site should do this is because...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's good business.

[ QUOTE ]
Of course they're going to reward high volume players. Why? Because they want people to play more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do it my way, and I'd play more, but I'm not going to kill myself playing insane hours just to get some perk allocated for the chosen few.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:57 PM

...especially when it resets as soon as you get there.

Ryan
Old 03-28-2006, 08:58 PM

I like a "hit or miss" bonus, makes me play more and get my lazy arse in gear [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I think the points should be based off of how much rake you contribute, for example, $3 in rake earns 3 points, $.50 in rake earns .5 points, etc. etc.

I play on party mostly, and only stars for tournies. If stars had rakeback or a "hit or miss" bonus I would play at stars only and withdraw all my party money. I play 40,000+ hands a month at 2/4-5/10 NL so this would be a fair amount of rake for them [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Overall: I would rather play at stars than at party, but for the obvious reasons, (fish/bonuses) I play at party. PLEASE give me a reason to play at stars instead of party, I'm tired of dikshit's email responses.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this not almost exactly what Party is doing with the Accelor-8-tor bonus and the other points for cash offers we had in prevoius months...

[/ QUOTE ]

no, the accelor8or bonus is trying to get us to play more than we previously were. for some of us a LOT more.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point was not the level of the goal but the methodology of obtaining the bonus/reward...Obtain a certain level of play Supernova(Stars) equals VIP(Party)..Then play a certain number of hands or earn a certain number of points and you earn the bonus/reward...The problem with Party is we or even them apperantly do not know there methodology of how to either become a VIP or how the bonus/reward amounts are calculated...
Old 03-28-2006, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

not as important, let us buy into SNG's with points (or even smaller multis) If I'm earning $1000+ worth of points a month I'd feel a lot better about playing 20 $50 buyins rather than a Sunday $530 and a couple $215's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I haven't even thought of this. Excellent idea.

I will write Stars support tonight. Any different email for their "marketing" team or whoever is making the changes there?