Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2006, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Wynn management: pathetically incompetent? or just plain jerks?

Anytime you combine tables you usually lose a few players, but anytime you force a table to move, particularly if it's for no obvious reason, you are usually dooming that table to an early end. It's just the way it goes, I can't say I know for sure all the reasons why.

al
Old 03-26-2006, 01:38 PM

I know Al, but take a deep breath, now exhale, see you feel better already. I have really found that I can simply refuse to allow things to upset me 99% of the time, and I feel better for it.

That being said --- A story from my room.

We Had a TV break one day. A week later the TV still wasn't working, so I asked the floor why don't they fix the TV. His answer was that the facilities department couldn't get to the TV while their was a game going on at the table below, and the game had not broken for over a week. Even though at various times other tables were available for the game, the management wouldn't move the game for risk of breaking it.
Old 03-26-2006, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We Had a TV break one day. A week later the TV still wasn't working, so I asked the floor why don't they fix the TV. His answer was that the facilities department couldn't get to the TV while their was a game going on at the table below, and the game had not broken for over a week. Even though at various times other tables were available for the game, the management wouldn't move the game for risk of breaking it.

[/ QUOTE ]

BRAVO. Someone in your room understands that the value of a game that's going is FAR greater than the value of a TV that's NOT going. Maybe they should send a fax to the wynn.

al
Old 03-26-2006, 02:31 PM

I've had similar frustrating experiences with Jesse.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:37 PM

Wouldn't the solution here from the floor's perspective be to move the game at a time of day when there's a good list? Not much chance of the game breaking when there's 8 people waiting to get in it.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't the solution here from the floor's perspective be to move the game at a time of day when there's a good list? Not much chance of the game breaking when there's 8 people waiting to get in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think that during that week they would have had some opportunities to move the game, but at the time it happened the room was generally very busy, so at the times when there was a good chance to move the game (keep in mind that I believe the floor was motivated not only by the desire to not break the game, but also by the desire to not have to listen to the whining of the players being asked to move.) it is also likely that the other tables were probably in use. I also don't know if the availability of the department that would fix/repair the TV would coincide with these times.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:47 PM

Al is pissed because he made a special trip to play in the game for less than 2 hours, I would throw a fit also.
The other side Al is where are you going to find mixed games? Aren't they rare at other rooms?
Even with these examples, is the Wynn floor any worse than the other rooms? It seems they are better than most.
So I would chalk it up to a FUBAR and give them another shot.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:49 PM

I wouldnt put the fault on the Wynn as much as I would put in on the idiot known as Jesse...I have never had problems with any other employees there....

Another Stupid Jesse Story...

Friend of mine who has been playing at the Wynn fairly regularly since June, gets into an argument with a drunk tourist...he is reprimanded by Jesse and treated like a piece of [censored], at one point Jesse told this regular "Maybe you should find somewhere else to play from now on" and was asked to leave...basically he was a complete dick.

Fast forward 1 month, friend returns to the room, and plays..as he is checking out he asks how many hours he has since inception...he is told only 60 hours total.....he had checks his hours regularly and was up around 1000 last time he was in.....now I ask you did Jesse have his comp hours removed? I believe so....regardless of that he was told he is a known regular and could get comped anything anyways.

Now I play pretty much every weekend and have never had any type of issue at all with the management, but I have had almost no dealings with the day staff, but all this confirms is one idiot at the Wynn does not make a bad room...Viva La Wynn
Old 03-26-2006, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
True, they probably won't go bankrupt over losing the game. But one irrefutable fact is that a pissed off customer tells far more people about their experience than a happy one. Therefore you have a strong reason to keep people happy rather than pissed off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. The Wynn looks like an amazing hotel and I looked forward to playing there on my next trip to Vegas. But if thats the way you get treated there, then forget it. I travel to far to Vegas to get treated like that. There are too many other nice poker rooms in the strip.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
While I agree this is a stupid thing for Wynn to do I'm not sure I understand why so many players leave instead of just switching tables.
It certainly can't be that much of a hassle....but from Al's tone I gather that moving a table like that is almost a sure-fire way to get players to leave which I think is somewhat interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get away with moving a new game, but moving an ongoing game is always a disaster. Usually at least half the pallyers leave when you move a game. On a related note I hate to combine games because if you have 2 six handed games and try to combine you end up with one 8 handed game.
A lot of times games continue because poker players don't want to rack up and leave, once htey are racked up and standing that is as good of a time as any to leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

The key is to never move a game that has gone all night and players just need the slightest excuse (like you said, racked and standing up) to leave. But if you have a very good reason moving a normal game where most players are in the middle of their playing day is doable.

~ Rick