Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2007, 11:28 PM

Default Re: Multiple Ebay Accounts

The new account is just for buying and not selling.

I do get a few negatives just for the hell of it because I buy and then resell alot of things and people get pretty pissed to see that I bought something from then for almost nothing and then resold for over three times what they got for it. Those are the nits.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I do get a few negatives just for the hell of it because I buy and then resell alot of things and people get pretty pissed to see that I bought something from then for almost nothing and then resold for over three times what they got for it. Those are the nits.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many negs have you gotten as a result of something like this? What are you buying/selling? I'm only curious because I've never seen something like this before.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:32 PM

Just be a good and honest seller and you have nothing to worry about. I've been a member for ~6 years and have sold many items and have never received negative feedback.

One thing I do is I don't leave feedback to the buyer until they have left me feedback. This can dissuade them from leaving you a negative since you have yet to leave them feedback.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FROM YOUR OP:
[ QUOTE ]
Should I set up a second account just for selling?

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU SAY YOU WANT TO SET UP A SECOND ACCOUNT FOR SELLING THEN SAY YOU HAVE TWO SELLING ACCOUNTS AND NEED ANOTHER ONE FOR BUYING.

Is your real question "I want to scam people on eBay and want to know when they'll figure it out?"

You are either lying or stupid, probably both.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really the only reason you would want to use a new account. It also keeps your competition from seeing where you get your cheap goods from.

However, that is the complete opposite of what you stated in your OP.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:14 PM

I made a mistake in the OP which I tried to correct, rather then being an ass and wasting the both of our times, either don't post or make a post that actually could help.

OK...... Thanks!
Old 08-19-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just be a good and honest seller and you have nothing to worry about. I've been a member for ~6 years and have sold many items and have never received negative feedback.

One thing I do is I don't leave feedback to the buyer until they have left me feedback. This can dissuade them from leaving you a negative since you have yet to leave them feedback.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, this is a flaw in the eBay rating system and every seller does it. If I am a buyer and you get payment 2 minutes after the auction ends, my job as a buyer is complete. Now if you as the seller decides to wait 3 months before shipping my item and I leave neutral; or negative feedback because of it, why should my rating suffer???

eBay should ask the seller to give his/her feedback before they even ship the item.... BUT, they also need a better way to clean up or fix bogus feedback.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:26 PM

it depends what you sell
i used to sell a lot of baseball playoffs tickets on ebay and it what amazing at the level of stupidity of the people who won my auctions
People would often win the auction and then not espond to anythign so in the auction I would give a reasonable amount of time for them to respond to me otherwise I would have to relist the aution to not get stuck with them.

Some people would win an auction a week before the game and not answer any emails. 6 hours before a game they would email you asking if you could meet to dleiver the tickets. By then the tickets were long gone and these clowns would leave negative feedback.
I distinctly remember this one [censored] redsox won an auction of mine for the alcs when boston was playing the a's in the ALDS. She called me and said she would meet me to pick up the tickets over the weekend. Well Boston loses the first 2 games and she doesnt answer and emails or phone calls. Boston comes back and wins the series and now she wants the tickets again and tell ebay that I refused to sell them to her to try and get more money for them (the price of the tickets doubled when Boston clinched the series- thats not my fault)
Old 08-19-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, this is a flaw in the eBay rating system and every seller does it. If I am a buyer and you get payment 2 minutes after the auction ends, my job as a buyer is complete. Now if you as the seller decides to wait 3 months before shipping my item and I leave neutral; or negative feedback because of it, why should my rating suffer???

eBay should ask the seller to give his/her feedback before they even ship the item.... BUT, they also need a better way to clean up or fix bogus feedback.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't do this to buy me more time to ship the item, I always ship asap. I just do it because its the best way to protect myself from bogus feedback, it's really the only and best way to protect yourself as a seller that I know of. It's no excuse to be a bad seller though.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:04 PM

Is it possible to change your feedback after leaving feedback?