Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2006, 05:03 AM

Default Re: The ZeeJustin/Rakeback Dilemma

[ QUOTE ]
However, they would already know when 2 accounts from the same ISP are on the same table (and wouldn't even let you play at the same table across skins like party and empire when they were still together) but they somehow NEVER bothered to check for similar situations in tourneys?

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted this in O'doyle's thread already, but just to reply to your observations on IP detection, it isn't as simple as it looks.

Sure, it would be peaches and cream if everyone lived at home and had broadband cable access with a unique IP for their household, although it would still encompasses wives/brothers/roomies to a small extent, but you have to remember the IP restrictions are lifted on MTT's to account for the shared IP's originating from college campuses (where the youth are known to play a bit of online poker), as well as AOL users who are routed through regional bridgeheads (thus you can have thousands of folks appear to have the same IP).

You start putting simple IP restrictions in place, and you put serious handcuffs on accessibility from all major campuses and the largest commercial ISP in the US. That isn't a good thing to do.

What it appears Party does is rely on complaints of collusion and then individually investigate to rule out these type of scenarios in routing out common IP's with accounts, and they do not actively police it considering they probably see hundreds of thousands of duplicate IP's on accounts by virtue of my examples above.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
damn, i've actually heard of this guy. he was supposed to be a great upcoming player. why the hell would he cheat when he doesn't need to?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm

[/ QUOTE ]

btw, i didn't mean to imply that bad players should cheat.
Old 02-25-2006, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
damn, i've actually heard of this guy. he was supposed to be a great upcoming player. why the hell would he cheat when he doesn't need to?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm

[/ QUOTE ]

btw, i didn't mean to imply that bad players should cheat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was implying that maybe ZJ does need to cheat.

I think there are at least 5 people in MTT that are as good or better than he is, and they play on one account.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
damn, i've actually heard of this guy. he was supposed to be a great upcoming player. why the hell would he cheat when he doesn't need to? it really seems like some rich people just can't help themselves from stealing to become uber-rich (enron, etc.). do you really need 5 mansions to be happy? oh yeah, he got what he deserved. he is clearly not a moron, and therefore knew that he was cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

it doesn't matter "how good he is"; link
Old 02-25-2006, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he was supposed to be a great upcoming player. why the hell would he cheat when he doesn't need to?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Hedging your bet
2) Insurance
3) Protection
4) Just in case
5) They'll NEVER know it's me

Take your pick. I am SURE there are others!