Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Re: bankroll management and winrate

turning this away from tournament talk, I have about 25k hands played at 6 handed $25 max and I've booked a winrate of 5 BB/100 hands. I think this is pretty decent especially considering I blew away 8 buyins one day on complete tilt but do you guys think that the lower limits could get beat for more?

However I'm wondering if I raise enough pre-flop. My stats are 30/6 over there 25k hands. I think 6% might be a little low for shorthanded.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:23 PM

6% is very low, although assuming it's a broad 6% it shouldn't be terribly terribly deleterious to your winrate, although it will cost you some value.

We, the cyber-PLO community, feel that winrates of up to 10bb/100 should be sustainable in the games you're playing, although I think 8bb/100 would be a good goal.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:39 PM

6%? 6-max? That pains me.

However, I can see not raising as much as normal with a loose-passive table. I was sitting in a 6-max game for an hour raising every button and every CO I got as well as plenty of MP raises and usualy had 1 or maximum two callers. They were also very weak postflop.

THen the game broke a bit to heads up for about 15 minutes before refilling with new people. I was getting 4 and 5 players to every flop and the raising just bled my stack away. So maybe at those levels you are having that problem. If not, I wouldn't hesitate to say you could hit the 8bb mark because of how bad people get when they are out of their comfort zone.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:00 PM

Whether or not 6% is too low depends on your opponents. I know for a fact that you can raise a lot less than this and still earn a lot more than 5ptBB/100 hands at 6-max $25 PLO if your opponents are themselves raise happy.