Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 12:18 AM

Default Re: Please help.

what limits are you playing on stars? you can send me some hands if you want. what's your SN on there? PM me if you'd like
Old 05-11-2007, 12:35 AM

I seriously suggest finding a poker coach for a clean view of out of hand play.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:41 AM

Yeah getting a coach is a good idea also i suggest to try different sites>

I think almost everyone goes trough this at some Point of his career > so dont give up!
Old 05-11-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't play often enough or seriously enough anymore to offer a lot of help, but I wish I could since I have learned from and been helped by your past postings. I'd repeat Llama's famous quote from your roomate, and also say that I think Kiddo's post is worthy of several readings and several extended thought sessions away from the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Catt,
at this point every little bit helps, even the small confidence boost of having someone say "your play looks alright to me". I am losing 2 out of every 3 days I play and have lost an additional 150 bets since posting this, so today was my last day playing 10-20, now 5-10 is the highest limit i will be playing. I want to scream every time I play (and I do), even the few winning session I have are riddled with beats and usually only end up 20-30 bets. It is extremely frustrating.

[censored] YOU STARS [censored] YOU MOTHER [censored] [censored] MOTHER [censored] SHITTERS!!!! I [censored] HATE YOU GRUNDLE LICKING BITCH ASS DOUCHBAGS AND I HOPE YOU GET GONORRHEA IN THE BACK OF YOUR THROUGH FROM [censored] TRANSVESTITE TIAWANEASE HOOKERS! DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!
end rant

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll look over a block of hands if you like (but I can't promise rapid turnaround). If you want to share your Stars SN, I'll check on any hands I may have on you in my own DB (I don't play a whole bunch anymore so this may not be terribly useful, but when I do it is often 10, 15, or 30 on Stars).
Old 05-11-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always appreciate the suggestions, sadly I have already done basically all of them. This is that same graph by date

I've taken a few weeks off, I've dropped down and now 10/20 is the highest I play, Victor's comment about playing to many tables was true for the past few days, but that was me tilting. The rest of the downswing has been almost entirely 2-3 tables at a time, my sessions rarely last longer than an hour, maybe an hour and a half, I tried switching games (not included in this downswing is also 40,000 hands of NL in which i lost ~15 buyins). I've been through a 600+ BB downswing before, and I've gone through all these normal, try to deal with it steps, and I just keep losing. An hour ago I finished a 65 min session where I dropped another 40 bets, I think back, and go over some hands and i realize that i missed a bet in three or four hands, and three bet semi bluffed a guy i shouldn't have. I'm certainly not playing my best poker, but it doesn't look terrible to me, it doesn't look like losing play overall. And its very hard todeal with.

BTW: thanks to everyone trying/offering their help, i really appreciate it, and really need it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a nasty looking chart. I'd would have put in a stop loss once the trend pierced the neckline at about 150. At that point I would have flipped it up and taken a short position.