Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2007, 09:02 PM

Default Re: those mother-$#%$## min 3-bettors

[ QUOTE ]
But really I've started just folding A9o/KJo to preflop min3bets, even though it seems like your pot odds are too good to fold the reverse implied odds are just so [censored] you should let them go.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think if you call pf knowing that unless you flop your 1 in 20 or so 2 pair or 1 in 70 or so trips, then your folding if he c-bets.

just if im folding here, people on the table see im making such tight folds (in there eyes) that it will hurt my image a lot. also then when im raising pf with marginal hands some players may start minraising me as they know i may fold and so it means their minraising hand range is wider so i have less idea on what they have.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But really I've started just folding A9o/KJo to preflop min3bets, even though it seems like your pot odds are too good to fold the reverse implied odds are just so [censored] you should let them go.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think if you call pf knowing that unless you flop your 1 in 20 or so 2 pair or 1 in 70 or so trips, then your folding if he c-bets.

just if im folding here, people on the table see im making such tight folds (in there eyes) that it will hurt my image a lot. also then when im raising pf with marginal hands some players may start minraising me as they know i may fold and so it means their minraising hand range is wider so i have less idea on what they have.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this actually matters more than marginally. This kind of fold definately gets noticed in the eyes of most people as "super weak". It means in the future, everytime they have air they'll consider pulling a play or something. I do not think it's +EV to kill your FE because of it, but you probably get higher value from your good hands. I just think FE represent more $$ in usual.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:07 PM

Dan,

Just fold preflop.. you have rags :P There's no shame in folding KTo to a 3bet heh Screw image.

Ryan