Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Rake calculations

[ QUOTE ]
if you had the roll you absolutely should have moved up. trying to achieve a certain winrate sounds like the most futile and detrimental act you can do

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but I also think u should be able to beat the 3/6 or 5/10 for more then rake, even if rake is 3.5BB/100. There are so many bad players if u do some tableselection.

I got a friend who I have coached myself several times, but I still cant teach him how to be a decent winner at 3/6. He have read a lot of books (but he doesnt love to read them, I dont think he really thinks about what he reads, but he of course understands what it says... well, of course he thinks... its more that he doesnt make what he reads into a way of thinking about poker while he plays, its more like a lot of individual hands he reads about when away from table). I think his main misstake isnt the standardgame (even if he gets a bit weak as soon as he is on a bad run) but playing each player individually, sometimes calling down with K high and sometimes folding toppair against different players, same action. And this is really hard to see in a coachingsession because the coach cant be that sure how the others play, its when u have individual reads which u only get when u play, then u understand the misstakes he makes.