Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Help me gain 10-15 lbs of muscle by July.

There were some NoS pills for sale at my local K-Mart, so my mom bought them. I took one dose. I was in the hospital shortly thereafter. I am STILL recovering from the effects, and it's been over a month.

The sad thing is that I knew they were pretty much useless, but took them anyways.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:11 PM

what???
what brand?

they sell them at k mart?

what did the doctors say???

need more info!
Old 01-31-2007, 10:13 PM

Old 01-31-2007, 10:24 PM

Heavy resistance: Squats, deadlifts, cleans, bench, front rows, cable rotation

Light resistance: Shoulder isolation (5-10 lbs per hand), Resistance tubes/bands, small medicine balls

Focus on core strength and total body fitness. Eat protein in a ratio of 1:1 of grams/pounds (protein/bodyweight, respectively), take glutamine and its precursors, take a thermogenic (maybe Biotest Hot-Rox - Thremp says good things), a natural testosterone booster (Biotest Alpha Male if it doesn't interfere with Hot-Ros), and supplement it with creatine and a ton of small-medium meals throughout the day.

Ever notice how the advice for all these threads is the same, regardless of how individual people think they are?
Old 01-31-2007, 11:20 PM

I pimped the Alpha Male and Hot-Rox to kyleb. I've got decent things to say about the Alpha Male so far contains forskolin (branded Carbolin-19) which they pimp as a lightweight Anavar. I've never taken Anavar, so I can't compare. PM me if you want a trip report

As usual guids has been right on. I do disagree with him on gaining strength while cutting. This is very rare for an "advanced" lifter. Almost never happens. OP is a rank beginner and so it shouldn't matter. I'd be stunned if he isn't much stronger and bigger by summer.

I also agree that he is fat and needs to lose weight. I've read research that says fatties gain more fat while bulking and 20% is way over any amount. I'd probably pull the plug ~15% I think guids prefers staying a little lower, but regardless you are too fat to eat a ton of stuff.

Spellmen,

[censored]. What can you not do wrong. For you I give two things to do. 1) Keep a food log. I want you to weigh and eat >4000 cals a day. No excuses. I don't care if you wanna puke or are tired or you got sand in your mangina. 2) Go to the gym and load and unload the leg press machine fully 8 times. Do this every other day. Don't actually do anything than cover it in 45lbs plates and take them off.

Report back in 6 weeks.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
forskolin

[/ QUOTE ]

Eww.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
forskolin

[/ QUOTE ]

Eww.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds haggard. I know.

Side Note: If anyone is well acquainted with supplements post-Andro ban, I'd be more than happy to discuss them and pick up some new alternatives. I picked these up because I am familiar with the company and feel safe with their products.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP sounds like he desperately needs to read a fitness book in any case, and probably won't stick to a regimen no matter what it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah dude, you're probably right.

6'5" 195, 20% body fat = over weight, fat? For those of you who said this, it really makes me question your knowledge of the body & fitness. Ideally I should be around 13-15%.

Lastly, I have no idea why some of you say you'd be surprised if I'd even be stronger by July. That's 6 months of solid lifting. I'm at the gym no fewer than 4 days/week, and work as hard as anyone. The negativity that some of you possess really baffles me.

For those of you giving awesome information, it really encourages me and I appreciate it.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:36 PM

You're not overweight. You do have fat on you. (That is, you're skinny fat. Welcome to the club.)
Old 01-31-2007, 11:37 PM

It's tough to build muscle while you're cutting - that's their point. And you should focus on getting unfat first. I bulked up first and now I'm cutting, and kind of wish I did it the other way around because I'm fatter than I would like.