Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2006, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Fired for the first time and dealing with it.

I got fired once. My boss thought I was a slacker and we didn't get along (as a girl I never want to work for a female again). It was my first major "real" job after college. I was really worried and stressed that I had blown my career, but I got my thoughts together and came up with a standard explanation for why things didn't work out (which was 100% true but worded carefully and eloquently so I never sounded like I was avoiding the question of what happened with my old job). If you sound confident and honest, most employers won't ask twice (and trust me, I went through a lot of interviews). Outcome: I just landed an awesome job with Coke, so don't worry, you haven't necessarily doomed yourself yet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2006, 07:54 PM

u made your own bed, sleep tight
Old 10-11-2006, 08:04 PM

That sucks dude. I almost never show up to work on time and nobody says anything about it.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The reason for getting fired was for being excessively late twice in a short period of time. The first time I forgot that I had set my alarm...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I know that this incident shows a complete lack of responsibility, and that is why it bothers me so much. Overall this situation is out of character.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm having trouble reconciling these two statements. I haven't been late for work twice in the last 10+ years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really understanding what you're trying to say. Are you saying you dont get how it could happen that he was late to work? or do you want a pat on the back plus an attendance sticker?
Old 10-11-2006, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got fired once. My boss thought I was a slacker and we didn't get along (as a girl I never want to work for a female again). It was my first major "real" job after college. I was really worried and stressed that I had blown my career, but I got my thoughts together and came up with a standard explanation for why things didn't work out (which was 100% true but worded carefully and eloquently so I never sounded like I was avoiding the question of what happened with my old job). If you sound confident and honest, most employers won't ask twice (and trust me, I went through a lot of interviews). Outcome: I just landed an awesome job with Coke, so don't worry, you haven't necessarily doomed yourself yet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey cool thats one thing we have in common, most of my "awesome jobs" I have gotten have come from coke.