Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2006, 02:44 PM

Default Re: $100 NL 6m, 1010 getting reraised.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Chicago,

Villain bet the minimum reraise OOP. That just screams strength. He knows the pot has already been raised, he knows he's giving you good odds to continue, he knows he will be OOP for the rest of the hand, and he just doesn't care.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I think you're looking at the wrong hand. Villain is on the button, not OOP.

And the only action I'm debating here is the flop. I think leading out would be ideal. C/F and C/C just seem like bad options. I make a nice 3/4 pot bet, if I'm raised I'm probably folding. End of hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've botched this hand twice. I need to post less. You are correct, Villain is on the button, in position.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:46 PM

D, if villain has any sort of hand reading skills, he never believes we have an A here.

If we had AK/AQhh, we arent c/c flop. If we have AA, we arent c/c flop...Even though we do call pf w/ AhXh, I still dont find us c/c flop too often.

we are kinda repping 77/air/AhXh, and c/r any of these but 77 is silly.
I dunno if villain is any sortof decent since Fsista gave no reads, and since villain min-reraised pf and made this tard turn bet, but who knows.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTW I am aware that if he is intelligent he is going to realize that you probably don't have an A here. But he has already shown that he is a donk by his hands so far and his thought process very likely doesn't go beyond "oh no, an A fell!"

[/ QUOTE ]

How would you play AK any different (maybe a little more aggressive on the flop)? I don't think he can eliminate all Aces from your range. Otherwise, yeah, I agree.

Chicago,

Villain bet the minimum reraise OOP. That just screams strength. He knows the pot has already been raised, he knows he's giving you good odds to continue, he knows he will be OOP for the rest of the hand, and he just doesn't care.

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be true if Villain were betgo :P

I doubt Villain KNOWS much of what you are attributing to him. I.e. I doubt that he has a sense of the value of position, or of offering the correct odds. 99.9% of Villains that "know" these things just don't ever make this play, no matter what they hold.

It's a really costly mistake to attibute the thought process of a decent poker player to a bad one. The two most common results are that we bluff too often against players that won't lay down bad hands, and that we fold too often against players who are "ignoring the fact that I've shown tremendous strength throughout this hand", when the Villain is only thinking on the 0th level.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
D, if villain has any sort of hand reading skills, he never believes we have an A here.

If we had AK/AQhh, we arent c/c flop. If we have AA, we arent c/c flop...Even though we do call pf w/ AhXh, I still dont find us c/c flop too often.

we are kinda repping 77/air/AhXh, and c/r any of these but 77 is silly.
I dunno if villain is any sortof decent since Fsista gave no reads, and since villain min-reraised pf and made this tard turn bet, but who knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're assuming farrr too much here

EDIT: if any1 posted hand from villain POV, we would be saying to fold the turn to a c/r if he had KK/QQ/JJ
Old 09-07-2006, 03:07 PM

We would. Though I am not sure that on this board it would be correct to do so, w/ KK/QQ.