Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2006, 06:04 AM

Default Re: Am I a wuss? ($22)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I standard raise this.

I think playing level 3 supertight is the wrong way to go. If anything I think it is one of the levels where as a pushbotter it is easiest to give up +EV situations because it is a tweener level. But folding hands that in the long run will make you money just because it is easier is a leak IMO.

I think I am too tight in level 3 but I won't fold this. I probably fold 77-88 though.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd bet that a lot of 2+2ers are losers at lvl 3, and at the very least modest winners.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am I think a 0.01BB loser at level 3. Also my level 3 VPIP is way low, like 7.5%.

[/ QUOTE ]
And imo you're one of the best 2+2ers playing these stakes, so what does that suggest about everyone else?
Old 01-25-2006, 06:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet that a lot of 2+2ers are losers at lvl 3, and at the very least modest winners.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this completely. Now... the question is, does this fact support the argument for playing tighter or for playing looser in level 3?

BTW, I honestly can't tell you if what my level 3 numbers are, since I'm probably like the only regular poster on the forum who doesn't use pokertracker or similar software.

(But I DO keep records of all games played and take notes on important hands...)
Old 01-25-2006, 06:17 AM

I've not checked my stats for 25/50 level for a while but I am certain it's green in PokerTracker, and I would raise here..
Old 01-25-2006, 11:51 AM

My stats are green at every level except one for both SNG's and MTT's and I would never consider folding here. You are 8 handed, not 10, which turns a fold from mediocre to bad. Whether to limp or raise is up to you (I'd raise) but these are nines, not sixes.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i find a lot more troubles at level 4...mainly bc i seem to still be with >5 opponents and 11-13BB
Old 04-16-2006, 11:17 PM

With a low stack, and those cards, this is an automatc all-in for me. The most likely result is everyone will fold and you'll scoop the blinds. You'll get a rep of being a desperate madman, and when better cards come along they'll be more willing to call.