Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2006, 09:55 PM
 is offline

Default Re: So you guys want to see a LAG in action? (Full HH)

HAHA. This tourney is great. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Glad it worked out for you, but lots of these plays seem rather reckless.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
driving? or being driven?

[/ QUOTE ]

Semantics.

btw die.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
HAHA. This tourney is great. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Glad it worked out for you, but lots of these plays seem rather reckless.

[/ QUOTE ]

IT DIDNT WORK OUT I CAME 10TH

IM SO DRUNK.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:01 PM

didnt read other responses, if the hands were talked about... well, my bad.

hand 23: Kinda borderline raise pf, you raised 5 of the previous 6 hands, but eh, still probably fine. I bet more on the flop though, and were you going to c/r the turn? cause i think i bet again. so like 1100 flop, 3000 turn.

hand 28: that's pretty meh. Stacks arent that deep. but since you called, why not call again on the flop? a minbet and a call, getting 4:1 w/ a pair, and if it checks to you on the turn you probably can take the pot. or look for a 7 or Q and represent JT.. i dunno, but you wanted to play the hand, dont see why you didnt continue.

hand 34: that's pretty thin too, but whatever.

hand 108: meh, this is the 2nd time you called his pf raise real weak from the Bb. A9o here sucks. 97o here sucked too, but i think i like that more than this.

hand 157: i c/r, you'd been so active, i guess a lead is gonna get played back at too, but i like a c/r better i think.

hadn 168: who you think you are? Gigabet? I'm folding, it MIGHT be +cev, but could easily be bad. I didnt watch the hands you didnt play, so if this guy was pushing like 75% of his hands, alright i'm with you, but if he's just been blinding out and then pushes his stack in, i dont think this is a good spot for us.

196: you just did the call-steal, i go back to the raise-steal now, especially since you have a pretty good hand.

GG
Old 08-31-2006, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 93: The majority of your raises have come from MP/MP any reason why you mixed it up here with Q5s utg (next orbit K8o utg you fold)? nice flop sucks you didnt get action but checking the flop here would be bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you mean 91. Dunno, the table was a bunch of nits so I felt comfortable raising up front with a junk hand. I think also that a case can be made for checking behind on the flop although I think betting is just fine as well.

btw I think with the stack sizes at the table raising Q5s is just fine there utg. No one is so short that ill have to commit myself more, no super aggro players with big stacks, almost everyone was a nit.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 104: I actually stopped the hand and analyzed it before i saw the results here. when he calls off 20% of his stack preflop against a lag i really dont like putting anything else in the pot, with a marginal hand he is going to shove over you preflop and by check raising you even get TT or something to get all im which may have folded to a lead. I'm guessing you read his flop bet as extremely weak but i dont see him calling/betting over 1/2 he stack against a lag here with nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

U just might be right, but also consider that if he can have TT, he can also have 88 and 77 and 66 etc. Also, I didn't rule out AQ or something. In general when I'm playing with unknowns I don't give them credit for slowplaying (in a good spot) aces often enough. If they do it, good for them they are exploiting me, but I just don't see it happening often enough for me to have put AA in his range. Also,I figured he shoves AK pf so I really was worried mostly about either a slowplayed AA (but not really), or the worst hand would be like KQ or TT. Either way I don't think most pairs fold if I lead the flop with my image. The way I played it I figure at least I get a bet out of a bluff or a lower pair if I'm gonna stick my stack in anyway (maybe bet/fold is better?) If I bet though with the intention of folding to a push it basically turns my hand into 72o (which may not be so bad in this spot since there are no draws and it's unlikely hes shoving air).

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 107: Looks like you ran into an overpair, but with your lag style and after the J9 hand I dont like check raisign this flop because it looks like you completely full of [censored], and i can see a decent player shoving AQ/AK back at you and not giving up pocketpairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are completely right, I think I just got carried away.\

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 124: I dont like raising here on the button with 92o due to your previous encounters but if you do I bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't bet the flop because of sort of recent history with that player and I really felt like I was getting c/r'd on that board and therefore I thought a check behind would save me money. On the turn I paired up so I thought I could possibly win in a showdown.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 153: ErickW23 and Tsoprano are in the blinds here, how much do the players in the blinds affect your LAG raises?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's why I didn't raise, and the players in the blinds have a HUGE effect on whether i steal or not.

[ QUOTE ]
Hnad 157: You have JKs and flop TP what do you put erik on and whats your play if called or raised on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought there was a decent chance with my history with the player and my general image at the player that if I lead he would tend to be over aggressive and try to move me off my hand with air. I wasn't really looking to fold at all.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 168: I think this call is a bit loose getting less than 2-1

[/ QUOTE ]

waaaaaaaaaaat the dudes range is prob top 80% and I have a suited 1 gapper and a PRETTY one as well. I haven't pokerstoved it but im getting like 1.9-1 im sure it's +EV.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 190: this call also seems a bit loose with below to act behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh his range is at least 90% if not 100% so im sure in isolation it's +cEV, although with below in there i dont kno.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 198: I agree that Below is a prefect player to do this against but giving a "gambler" 2-1(?) doenst seem very good in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure what you mean by that but I play below quite a bit so I'd rather not go into specifics in a public forum.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
15 I hate the overlimp with QJo raise or fold

[/ QUOTE ]
meh this is so random and fine with these stacks i dont know where u are coming from. this is really style imo.

[ QUOTE ]
19 hate that call with k2s UTG raise and UTG+1 call no reason to call

[/ QUOTE ]
In my mind their frequency of check/folding when they miss was high enough, and their frequency of going apeshit with a decent hand when I have a better hand was high enough as well to make this pf decision +EV. I realize there is only so much one can say from an outside perspective so I agree in general this pf action is bad in a vacuum but I think it was perfectly fine in this spot.

[ QUOTE ]
21 hate calling the reraise image is not worth it

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally disagree and it's a pretty huge reason i think I am very difficult to play against, and I want ppl to kno they can't just make tiny bitch raises to try to take my chips.

[ QUOTE ]
23 really like a turn bet there pair +FD unless your plan was to c/rai but you were too deep for that

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, my "pair" is pretty meaningless if I got all in because if I get all in there the 5 extra outs from having a pair on that board are likely negated (cause he would have 2 pair or better a huge % of the time).

[ QUOTE ]
28 wtf open limping in CO?

[/ QUOTE ]

um read again it wasnt an open limp it was an overlimp after a utg limp, and with his stack i didnt want to raise because it would have made things awkward post flop. Also the button in that hand is arbiannight who is very tight and I was pretty sure i'd have position.

[ QUOTE ]
71 I like a resteal there with A10o you are ahead of his range

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe but the fact that I am ahead of his range isn't really the reason to resteal if you think he'll never call with a worse hand (which he wont i dont think?). I think this player was def tight and it wasnt worth it to test his range here.

[ QUOTE ]
109 I shove there almost 6k in the pot thats 33% of yuor stack BS could be opening lighter there.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe, i think its kind of close with my stack there, although don't forget he WAS utg.

[ QUOTE ]
124 continuation bet if you are going to open raise any2 on button that was a dry board bet. turn I like a raise of 2.5 to 3 times his bet free showdown and also can get better hands to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
I explained already why i didnt cbet, but with regards to your turn idea, the stacks are just not at all deep enough for that, so i dont really know what u are talking about.

[ QUOTE ]
138... 92o 2 orbits prior than you fold A5o...

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmm yeah i thought it was +EV with 92o in that exact spot in that exact round etc, but not with A5o a couple rounds later, what do my cards have to do with anything here?

[ QUOTE ]
168 I think A10o is way ahead of his button shoving range there

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe but he was shoving 14 bbs so I'm not so sure. (at the time at least)

[ QUOTE ]
181 is more proof why I think the 168 fold is bad esp considering his stack and pos

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry i didnt have my time machine handy so i didnt kno he was that overaggro on a shortstack.

[ QUOTE ]
198 you 3bet bluff a lot

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2006, 02:59 AM

I'd like to also say on quite a few of these hands like the 74o limp and the call of the raise w/ K2s that there is a decent chance that they are pure spews, and I am very open to that possibility.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hadn 168: who you think you are? Gigabet? I'm folding, it MIGHT be +cev, but could easily be bad. I didnt watch the hands you didnt play, so if this guy was pushing like 75% of his hands, alright i'm with you, but if he's just been blinding out and then pushes his stack in, i dont think this is a good spot for us.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah maybe,but i felt his range was just about any 2.

[ QUOTE ]
196: you just did the call-steal, i go back to the raise-steal now, especially since you have a pretty good hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you prepared to call BA's shove if he does shove? (which he does a lot there imo)