Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2006, 04:42 PM

Default Re: WSOP ME day 1A Hand - Whats your read?

ucla,
raising the turn at all is pretty bad imo. although as adanth said there is some merit to raising to 4k, planning on shoving the river (as much because you might be ahead of AK/AQ as because you are bluffing...since with a gutshot wheel draw AK/AQ may be trying to fire a 2nd barrel/control pot size). However, imo the best play is to call the turn here because youy may be best but more importantly because if your opponent makes the mistake of betting the river (when the wheel draw doesnt come in) you now have the option of jamming on him and getting him to fold his big PP with a high degree of consistancy.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:48 PM

Default Re: WSOP ME day 1A Hand - Whats your read?

[ QUOTE ]
Seems that TAGs play was reasonable w/ AA

[/ QUOTE ]

MP1 leads T1500 into the pot giving button ~10:1 implied on the turn. I lead 3K because of the stack sizes, and villain has ~10 outs against my range of hands for betting here when I am ahead. As stated by others, MP1 can check if button will most likely bet. I'm unlikely to give a free card when I think I'm ahead on this board.

I do not think button is a LAG because he did not raise PF, did not raise the flop and did not put serious raise on the turn.

this was a very unlikely holding for MP1, and a very unlikely river card. You shouldn't be results oriented because if you look at MP1's play he makes the majority of his chips on button's poor play, and an unlikely river card which sets up a big bluff. It probably isn't an optimal way to play KK,QQ for MP1, which means he's leaking info, which isn't a problem, but should be examined with suspicion. Overall if a blank comes on the river, MP1 would have done better to bet the turn. IMO.