Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2006, 12:43 AM

Default Re: 20-40 hand with Per_Ensign

the way you played it I don't feel that you can fold, w/ that being said, if a 16/11 raises from utg+1 and I'm not in late position, I'm laying down AQs preflop
Old 01-02-2006, 12:44 AM

I dont know the player but if you say he is good then fold the turn.

I don't know many good players who call a flop raise and a turn bet without having an Ace here.

He isn't capping with AQ so he either has AK JJ+ and you raised the flop so either you are trying to get him to fold his higher overpair which is unlikely or you have an Ace.

Plus Mr fish called 2 on that horrible board even most sucky players realise that an Ace is likely out there I'm sure the other guy would realise this as well so he'd either fold his Kings or not be as good as you say he is. I dont think the loose passive gaybets the turn without an Ace minimum.

If you had AK then easy call, but AQ is beat here.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the way you played it I don't feel that you can fold, w/ that being said, if a 16/11 raises from utg+1 and I'm not in late position, I'm laying down AQs preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

where is aggro hush poster when you need him
Old 01-02-2006, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I laughed out loud...........So theres my rant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant nothing by it. It read different than intended. But laughing and ranting definitely beats ranting and cursing.

[ QUOTE ]
if you are willing to suplicate yourself to him, i'm sure he'd respond to you as well, but im warning you you'll never look at a cucumber and a car battery the same again

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed out loud myself. No rant though. Suplicating sounds oral so I'm out. The cucumber reminds me of the scene in Animal House with Dean Wormer's (?) wife.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm actualy a 13.84 10.35 2.9 My folded BB to steal is a staggering 75%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your folded BB to steal seems way too high to me. Remember you are getting over 3:1 to call and you are closing the action.

I wonder what that would make your VPIP if you called twice as much in these situations.

FWIW, I don't know that 13.84 is too low. Your aggressiveness factor might have to come down if you played more hands.

PS - try to make less good folds in big pots, on the river, when you have top pair and you are closing the action. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2006, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm actualy a 13.84 10.35 2.9 My folded BB to steal is a staggering 75%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your folded BB to steal seems way too high to me. Remember you are getting over 3:1 to call and you are closing the action.

I wonder what that would make your VPIP if you called twice as much in these situations.

FWIW, I don't know that 13.84 is too low. Your aggressiveness factor might have to come down if you played more hands.

PS - try to make less good folds in big pots, on the river, when you have top pair and you are closing the action. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh haha thats why my won$ at SD is 61.43 while running at 1.98 bb/100 so far after 17k hands.

My folded BB to steal is weird to me it does not feel that I am folding too much. One thing though is since im 6 tabling, I will click check fold with hands like 10-7o and k8o where I would not defend if the Button or CO raised but would if the SB opened. That will change as I get more comfy playing 6 games. I expect after 100k hands or so for me to be a 14.2-14.3ish....
Old 01-02-2006, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeh haha thats why my won$ at SD is 61.43 while running at 1.98 bb/100 so far after 17k hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW! 61+, that's the highest I've ever heard of. Doesn't seem like it's hurting your win rate. FWIW, my winrate is basically the same(2BB/100 for 25k) with stats of 17vpip, 10pfr, 55 w$sd and 38 folded BB to steal, mostly I 3 or 4 table.