Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which dude is harder?
Anon dude #1 220 48.35%
Anon dude #2 235 51.65%
Voters: 455. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2006, 09:48 AM

Default Re: Ethical question, my daughter is a theif (poll)

The cost of the item is irrelevant. The age of your kid is irrelevant. The fact that the guy behind the counter was a dick is irrelevant. You're avoiding the central issue: You're responsible for your kid's actions. You owe that store $8.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:51 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 06-10-2006, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
since the baby had chewed off a corner of the box we didn't want to try and take it back and have the dork at the games store try and charge us

[/ QUOTE ]

Before the baby, did you have a big stupid dog that you carted around and allowed to destroy property?

~D
Old 06-10-2006, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
since the baby had chewed off a corner of the box we didn't want to try and take it back and have the dork at the games store try and charge us,

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you have taken responsibility for the damage if you were still in the store and noticed your baby gnawing on the box?

If the question is are you a thief and responsible for your babies actions? The answer is obviously yes. Is it a big deal? No, it's an $8 game.
Old 06-10-2006, 02:44 PM

Wow, I forgot the amount of moralists that were on 2+2.

I love the fact that since we would have returned it to set a good example for our son we should have done it to "Set a good example for ourselves" I'm not questioning whether or not what we did was wrong. I know it was, however in my eyes (the ones on the scene that made the decision mind you) it was not worth the probable hassle of trying to return a cheap insignificant item. We learned a lesson that we need to watch the baby much closer in a store.

In an effort to make amends though, I know someone who works for this company (a friend of a friend) who I see occasionally. I will give the game back to him to return to the company as he sees fit (was planning to do this anyways). Unless someone on 2+2 wants a slightly chewed Thomas the Tank engine card game
Old 06-10-2006, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
since the baby had chewed off a corner of the box we didn't want to try and take it back and have the dork at the games store try and charge us,

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you have taken responsibility for the damage if you were still in the store and noticed your baby gnawing on the box?

If the question is are you a thief and responsible for your babies actions? The answer is obviously yes. Is it a big deal? No, it's an $8 game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Had we noticed in the store (or had the salesperson been paying any attention and noticed) we certainly would have paid for the game. THis was more an issue of it was a cheap game and the opposite direction of where we were going.
Old 06-10-2006, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it was not worth the probable hassle of trying to return a cheap insignificant item.

[/ QUOTE ]
Christ, you're thick. If your baby had grabbed the game and left the store with it, you could return it. If your baby chewed it up and spit it out, pissed on it, [censored] on it, or destroyed it somehow, then of course it will be hard to return. Which is why you must purchase it instead.

Whining about the effort it would take you or the dollar amount of the item doesn't really matter, and I don't know why you keep bringing it up. You asked an "ethical question," and the answer is blindingly obvious.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not questioning whether or not what we did was wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then what is the question?

I love it when people ask questions like this, don't like the response they get, and then argue that they were right to do whatever they did. Why bother asking?
Old 06-10-2006, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i voted hooker

but seriously, no bad could ever come of this one incident.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chaos Theory?
Old 06-10-2006, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What if it were an ipod nano? Of course you owe the store $8 or whatever. Ridiculous question.

[/ QUOTE ]

sometimes when i read through a thread i feel like im taking crazy pills because the responses are just so [censored] dumb. thank god for eld and COMMON SENSE. pay the $8. i can't believe you have a kid.

ill now go to me eld shrine and sit in the dark and cry.