Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2006, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Too Big a Bet?

[ QUOTE ]
If raise - raise bigger. Now it's pretty much "here's the odds you need in order to get an ace you can pair up with or represent." But then again there's the problem. If opp. goes all-in pre-flop, can we rule out AK in his hand distribution?

[/ QUOTE ]

Edited out previous reply.

The problem with this logic is, I think AK is more likely to call if you go all-in rather than if you pot it. Because if AK only gets to see 3 cards, and he knows he's folding to a c-bet on the flop, then he isn't getting correct odds to take a flop. However, if he is gauranteed to see all 5 cards, he is getting the slightly better than even money he needs to call.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:12 PM

My thinking when I pushed was this, only person I felt could have AA or KK was the original raiser, I couldnt see anyone else just calling with such big hands. I also felt anyone who did not raise there with AK was playing it weakly and would not be willing to call an all in with it. I was wrong. Therefore, I figured I was ahead of any hand that might call me, but I figured 90% chance I take the hand down right there. I was trying to win a small pot rather than lose a big pot. But, by doing so the risk to reward was not good. Is anyone else suprised by the fact the button just called with AK for $6 in a multiway pot, but then called an all in for $200?
Old 05-15-2006, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is anyone else suprised by the fact the button just called with AK for $6 in a multiway pot, but then called an all in for $200?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not at all.

[ QUOTE ]
Just a little bit to big of a raise. make it 169. Fold to push.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, awesome.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:02 PM

If you get 1/4 of your stack in preflop against a dominated hand like TT, you win. If he flops a set, so be it.