Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Re: OOT, help me - for the love of God (sad girl story)

You're 26, there's really no reason you should be living with your parents unless you're ill or something. Since you're moving out, the distance and removal from the immediate situation would be a huge help itself.

Furthermore, your parents must be either complete dicks or dead broke to rent a room to your ex-girlfriend, I don't get that one at all.

If this chick had any interest in you she wouldn't be calling her ex-boyfriend over to bang her when she knows in all probability that you're going to see what's up. That's not the way you act if you feel there's a chance a relationship with someone again.

Honestly how often do you ever see a success story where there's a dude just desperately pining away for some chick and it all works out. It doesn't - 90% of the time the dude walks in on her with her ex-boyfriend and the gardener pulling an eiffle tower on her.

Once (most) women realize they have complete control of the situation, it's over.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:15 PM

Lonhro,

What is your drink of choice? When I go on depressed benders I find whiskey is really the only way to roll.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:23 PM

can you hear the moaning when that dude is laying pipe to your ex?
Old 05-18-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lonhro,

What is your drink of choice? When I go on depressed benders I find whiskey is really the only way to roll.

[/ QUOTE ]

This^
Old 05-18-2007, 03:41 PM

#1 - you're an idiot for letting this girl stay in your house
#2 - your parents are idiots for not stopping you

First talk to your parents, and tell them you don't want her there because it makes you very uncomfortable. Remind them that you're their child, and you shouldn't have to dread coming home.

Then, ask her to leave. Give her a reasonable amount of time to find a new place.

On the other hand - you're 26 years old. WTF are you doing living at home? I felt like I was -way- old moving out at age 23. (though I was away 4yrs at college, coming home for that year or so was awful)
Old 05-18-2007, 03:45 PM

When I broke up with my girlfriend (only to get back with her two days later) after a booze-fueled and pointless fight, which we both acknowledged, I was in severe emotional pain. I found solace in surfing online dating sites like lavalife and eharmony.

Given that you're shy and it sounds like you don't have a terrible amount of experience "playing the game" (ie. chasing, dating, all that annoying [censored]), I highly recommend that you try out this option.

I found eharmony.com to be fantastic and a few people I know, who are actually very attractive/intelligent people, have had great success on this site. I only mention that they're attractive/intelligent to dissaude the standard "online dating is only for losers and ugly people" myth because it's simply not true.

Anyway, give it a try. Although eHarmony is sort of expensive, lavalife isn't, and it actually does work. I think eHarmony even has a money back guarantee if you don't find someone, though I haven't read the fine print.

Good luck sir.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:48 PM

It'll probably help OP out a lot more in the long run if he starts acting like an adult and lets the girl stay in the suite. He should probably get a job, a hobby or take up some kind of sport so that he can get into more social situations with different women. Kicking that girl out won't solve the fact that OP is really a wuss.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:50 PM

Ok man some of the responses have been ok, but [censored] moving out. It's your family. And [censored] kicking her out. You need to be a [censored] man. Ignore this stupid game playing trick. From the moment you read this on, you do not care. Ok, I know that you are still gonna care, but you need to tell yourself you don't give a [censored] until you believe it. Fake it til you make baby. It will help to think about all the bad [censored] she has done to help you get over her. (Smoking, swallowing her ex's load under the same roof as you, etc.)

I promise you that if you start ignoring her and acting like you don't give a [censored] what she does that, she is gonna write you another gay ass note. Write her a note back that says "we can go to your room right now and you can suck my wang"

Honestly, you need to go find other women. Talk to them, hug them, hump them. All 3 will help, some more than others. I guarantee that in a month or three of ignoring the she devil and interacting with new she devils, that the tides will be turned and she will want you more than you want her. When that finally happens, you will probably have realized by then that there is better poon to pwn.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:55 PM

And you're worse, because you're not even together anymore!!
Old 05-18-2007, 03:55 PM

Two good pieces of advice so far in this thread:

[ QUOTE ]
Learn to free your mind and live without pussy, that is the way of true enlightenment.

[/ QUOTE ]

And

[ QUOTE ]
Take a deep breath, and realize that this is not the girl you are looking for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just after college, I had a rough patch involving a sorta similar thing with a college ex, and it was terrible until I just finally realized "you know what, this girl sucks." I was instantly much happier. If you've seen "High Fidelity," the parts involving Catherine Zeta-Jones are exactly what I'm talking about.