Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2007, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Ultimate Fight Night 8

Herring was horrible, and I was really looking forward to that fight. I wasn't really happy with it as a whole, but I think I am tainted by just how bad Herring was. Total let down. And I agree with the Donkey that Herring's comments were crap. He whined about it being a wrestling match. It's MIXED martial arts. Duh! Go to boxing if you have a problem with a guy taking you down.

Bleh.

The Rashad's headkick was fantastico at least.

Ray
Old 01-26-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any one else bust out laughing at Salmons crane kick or whatever the hell that was suppose to be??

[/ QUOTE ]

haha

anyways...yea, herring looked awful, but what in the world was o'brien's gameplan supposed to be? he easily transitioned to mount whenever he wanted, but did absolutely no damage. disappointing fight for both of them.

franca would get murdered by sherk, but he's exciting enough to give a title shot to, imo

herman's got slick moves. that was a beautiful armbar.

what in the world must marquadt do to get on tv? he's a top 10 mw, a division that ufc is lacking talent in, and he can't get any exposure whatsoever. extremely disappointing.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:24 PM

Crane kick - awesome.
Herring vs. O'Brien - terrible.

Herring sucked, and O'Brien sucked in the perfect way to beat sucky ass Herring. Yeah Herring is lame and has no future, and I know "it's MMA," but O'Brien seriously was laying on top of him doing nothing. Herring lifted his arms up several times to complain and O'Brien just kept laying on him.

Of course, Herring should have done something to stay off the ground. Yes, he is absolutely horrible, but I really don't respect O'Brien much for the way he fought that fight. This has nothing to do with standing and fighting or anything. Go ahead and take the guy down, but when he lifts his arms up and complains about you, please punch his face. At least jerk your arms around a little bit.

Bastard.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:05 AM

herring will never get a legit shot after that display. if he wanted to stand up so bad, then why didnt he? even when standing he looked pathetic. like he was waiting for obrien to make a mistake so he could pounce. "i tried to give you guys a good fight." uh... no