Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2007, 05:28 PM

Default Re: bellagio 10-20 deep: trips facing river crai

[ QUOTE ]
alot of ppl are saying this is JJ or nothing, which if that is the case, its a pretty routine payoff. (what i said initially) the thing is if villain himself can c/r for value with a wider range, it has to be a fold.. mike doesnt have good trips..

why is this not J8, A8, etc etc..

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, higher 8s should be making the same play w/ how weakly hero has been betting thus widening his range and making it a fold IMO
Old 01-28-2007, 05:54 PM

i initially thought this was a pretty easy fold. king neo's first post succinctly sums up why, however, i cant get over his insta shove on the river. that looks so much more bluffy than if he at least pretended to think about his move. i think its really close. meh... id probably still fold tho.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:29 PM

u guys are crazy.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
alot of ppl are saying this is JJ or nothing, which if that is the case, its a pretty routine payoff. (what i said initially) the thing is if villain himself can c/r for value with a wider range, it has to be a fold.. mike doesnt have good trips..

why is this not J8, A8, etc etc..

[/ QUOTE ]

This does seem like a crazy way to play A8 though given the drawy nature of the board
Old 01-28-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry m8, the guy (who is a friend) bluffed u, he was empty but knew u would fold the 8 he knew u had. U were out played.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like how, before this was posted, everyone said "fold", and after this was posted, everyone says "call."
Old 01-28-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry m8, the guy (who is a friend) bluffed u, he was empty but knew u would fold the 8 he knew u had. U were out played.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like how, before this was posted, everyone said "fold", and after this was posted, everyone says "call."

[/ QUOTE ]

i think my response was somewhat diplomatic... i cant be wrong that way =) (lol, "if this, fold, if that, call")
Old 01-28-2007, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
funny thing is, a week ago i'd have snap-called, but i kinda felt that i'd been paying off too much lately and told myself i should start folding more when i felt like i was beat. second thing is, the guy in the 1 seat who'd just sat down one orbit ago f*ckin called clock on me after maybe a minute. it's potentially a 15k pot and he called for a f*ckin clock after i tanked for literally less than 60 seconds. unbelievable. my first reaction to the crai was of course JJ and to fold, but as i was thinking the hand thru i realized my bet-sizing and remaining chip stack really invited the shove. given more time to consider my decision i probly call.

anyway, i'm not trying to take anything away from your friend's play, it was a nice play and took a lot of heart. i don't think it's +ev though; he got me to lay down in this particular instance but i call more often than not.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:31 PM

i feel like i'd call or fold fairly quickly vs most people here... don't know how to really phrase that better. I guess im trying to say that i think people's frequencies are wayyyyy off in this kindv spot especially live.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:47 AM

How does everyone say villian thinks he has three eights? Hero's line looks like a value bet on the river with a hand as weak as 10-10. If the villian is a thinking player, he knows how the hero views him, and knows he would likely value bet a lot of hands that couldnt call a CRAI.

I call here.

After reading entire thread, hero folded? Can I get feedback from hero or someone else who said call about my thinking?
Old 01-29-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero's line looks like a value bet on the river with a hand as weak as 10-10.

[/ QUOTE ]

no. mike is not playing turn/river like this very often, if ever, w TT.