Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2006, 01:49 AM

Default Re: 3rd Generation Online Players. Lets join forces.

Another limit convert here. Started at $25 and am currently transtioning to $50. I play 20-30k hands a month , more with motivation. I am looking to make quick but steady progress. My goal is to be winning at $100 by January. Having an ear has helped me in the past, and should do so again. If anyone gets a small group going pm for AIM.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NL50 6 max currently...won't be playing a ton in the next 3 weeks, but plan on playing 6 hrs/day over college break and definitely want to move up to NL100 sometime during that period.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp for my situation since i am too lazy to write my own

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-28-2006, 10:53 AM

Did this happen or what?
Old 11-28-2006, 11:04 AM

I am very interested. I am new to nl I used to play limit online and did ok. I am starting small I usually play the micro limits, anywhere from $2nl to $10nl regularly with a couple shots of $25nl. I am very eager to get this going and I want to be playing $100nl by Jan. MY AIM is lostrelik, also have yahoo and msn. Like I said still kind of new 6600 hands since 11/5 at 25 vpip/17.5 pfr/1.95 pf af while 3 to 4 tabling. Really excited about this.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:29 PM

Reluctant participant......

What do people see as the "main" way a posse is going to improve their play? Sitting and watching sessions using live chat via AOL or something? Playing against each other? Trading hand histories (isn't 2+2 pretty good at that?)? Learning everyone else's SN ? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Is this site specific.... FTP or Stars comes to mind.

Anyone here able to show me the +EV to forming an ONLINE posse? I understand the clan aspect of certain internet games and forming groups to slay dragons and such. I just want to go fishing and catch enough for the freezer.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:38 PM

What I gathered from this idea is not a posse so much, but a network of players in your limit(s) to exchange advice, thoughts and whine. It helps improve your game if you have someone to bounce ideas off of instead of having to go through the posting rituals and wait for answers and comments. I do not think he is looking for a group to go and attack fish. A small support group of friends can drastically improve your results, partciularly when several members of the group are going through the same things at the same relative time.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:52 PM

I'd be interested. I play mostly NL50 ATM and have a BR of 2k. I've been at that limit for a while now because I keep having to withdraw to pay bills, but I'm hoping with the free time I have over break, I can bump up my bankroll to a point I feel comfortable playing $100NL.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:07 PM

I'm in for sure. I Moved to 50NL this month after by BR hit 1000 and im almost @ 2K already at about 11ptbb/100. Id love to have some guys to chat with about poker that actually know what their talking about. Who is organizing all this?
Old 11-28-2006, 01:07 PM

I´m interested.

Playing NL50 Fullring since this month. Running ok, but i know i make some mistakes that have to be turned off. I´d like to play 40-50k hands in December. And of course I like to improve my game and these groups seem to be a good idea. A good addition to his great forum.

I´m not from the US, but my English should be good enough to understand and give some advice too.

PM me for contact [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2006, 01:21 PM

I'm interested in this as well.

I am around the same roll as OP and have the same ambitions.

Any of you golf? What I am getting at is that when you are a novice golfer, you know many of things to do, but do not always execute them right. There are so many ideas swimming in your head that it is hard to do all of them naturally. Then there are those shots when all the things come together and you see your potential. That is where many of us are at here at uNL.

I would think based on the response we are going to need to have multiple groups since this would be too large to achieve its goal based on responses. We should describe what you want to do as a part of this group. Then, from there we could have our groups with similar interests together. So, to get this going, I will put down what things I would like to do and what I currently do to learn.

1) Read and post on 2p2.
2) Read and Re-read Theory of Poker, Little Green Book, and NLHE TaP.
3) Watch cardrunners videos.
4) Play an hour or so a night after my special lady friend goes to sleep.

Now, what I would think would be useful is for detailed discussion between a group of 4-6 people on an area they feel they are having trouble with. For instance, a few weeks ago playing 100NL I noticed a huge hole in my game that was being exploited, overplaying TP/overpairs. Now with a group, I could come back to them, show them a few hands and they could point me to a few hands of theirs were they demonstrated playing it properly or pointed to a certain cardrunners video or a chapter in a book and then further discussion could take place.

As you can see, I am very interested in this since a smaller group will offer the challenges/support that a larger community as a whole is not meant to serve.

So anyone interested send me a PM. I am looking to begin this very soon and will be glad to organize a group. What would be useful is your name, e-mail or fav chat client and screen name, and playing at the same stakes, and probably same site would be advantageous.

For me, my name is Wally Wojciechowski and I play at Full Tilt and NL 50, the other info I will make available to whoever would like to join this group.

Thanks

EDIT: Since country was mentioned, I live in US, Chicago area.