Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 10:37 PM

Default Re: wow i\'m not good at the poker 33

[ QUOTE ]
It is true that the villain will call with most of his 3-betting range. The problem is that we're behind over 50 % of the time even to a typical preflop 3-bettor:

[/ QUOTE ]

are you pokerstoving preflop? We know 33 is behind his range when this dude 3-bets. What is this with regard to?
Old 01-11-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
r
b/c
c/r
b/f

holla

[/ QUOTE ]

j-
what happens to your line when i bet the flop and he calls.
do i still check raise the turn?

granted, i may have biffed the flop. but i think if i bet the flop it goes bet - call, then bet - call on the turn, unless i'm way behind.

-t
Old 01-11-2007, 10:42 PM

Preflop: fine

Post-flop: fine, but facing a draw now (bottom set kind of stinks here)

Turn: I'm folding for a raise here. With all the overs and a still active flush draw I can't see villain holding worse.

River: c/c
Old 01-11-2007, 10:45 PM

t,

i still c/r turn. think about what your opponent thinks that you have...a club, maybe a ten. you missed the draw and now there's an overcard, which fits nicely into his pfr range.

also, i advocate betting the river because i still think that we're getting some value out of hands like aa, ak, and sometimes jj. those hands probably aren't betting the river, given the board and the turn play. don't think that an overpair is folding here 100% without the flush. factor in confusion, aggravation, tilt, and misreads, i think that we've got a very nice b/f.

holla
Old 01-11-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
t,

i still c/r turn. think about what your opponent thinks that you have...a club, maybe a ten. you missed the draw and now there's an overcard, which fits nicely into his pfr range.

also, i advocate betting the river because i still think that we're getting some value out of hands like aa, ak, and sometimes jj. those hands probably aren't betting the river, given the board and the turn play. don't think that an overpair is folding here 100% without the flush. factor in confusion, aggravation, tilt, and misreads, i think that we've got a very nice b/f.

holla

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, agree with AA no flush. but he never has JJ after that turn raise unless it is JJ with flush.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:08 AM

Sorry, I was short this morning with my thoughts. I had to leave for work. BEAT

What I meant was, I think if he is calling we are toast. I want him to fold, mostly, and if he raises we can easily fold. I think over the lengthy jog, we will get some value out of b/f in this spot, for all the reasons our brilliant shadow. stated.

His SD numbers might make a difference, but I doubt it.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
are you pokerstoving preflop? We know 33 is behind his range when this dude 3-bets. What is this with regard to?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pokerstoving the river.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Post-flop: fine, but facing a draw now (bottom set kind of stinks here)

[/ QUOTE ]
Whaaa? Bottom set is a monster. There's no reason to fear a flush draw when we have outs to beat even a made flush.

I mean, yeah, I'd rather the board be less coordinated, but give me bottom set here every time and I'll take my chances. Note also that dry boards mean we usually get paid less.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:38 AM

Bet-fold river.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What I meant was, I think if he is calling we are toast. I want him to fold, mostly, and if he raises we can easily fold. I think over the lengthy jog, we will get some value out of b/f in this spot, for all the reasons our brilliant shadow. stated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't get it. What hand does he fold here, getting 11-to-1, against the hero who has played the hand in a somewhat donkish way, that beats us? Do you think a 13/4 villain calls with a pair of red aces but folds a single [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] after calling the turn reraise? He might fold a better set, but that's not happening nearly often enough to make up for the bets the bet/folders will be effectively bluffing into a better hand.