Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Best friend slept with girl of my dreams, what SHOULD I do?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Here's an article from a female point of view that might shed some insight into your situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Question:

What do you do as a guy to avoid being perceived like this once you are in the friend zone? I straight up asked a friend out and she said no. I still like her, so I'd either like to:
A) get over her and then be good friends with her, which is tough because everytime we hang out we have an amazing time and it makes me want her,
or
B) [censored] her brains out.

I guess the standard advice will be to ignore her/be cold to her. Which seems dumb since I enjoy being with her so much.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:40 PM

Burdz,

Did John's emo-mail add any insight to the chain of events that led to the sexing?
Old 06-22-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Burdz,

Did John's emo-mail add any insight to the chain of events that led to the sexing?

[/ QUOTE ]

He said he didn't want to rub it in, that basically he wanted to say he banged both sisters, and get his dick wet. He did not mention her coming on to him or vice versa. Do I really even want to hear that though?
Old 06-22-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Burdz,

[/ QUOTE ]

He said he didn't want to rub it in, that basically he wanted to say he banged both sisters, and get his dick wet. He did not mention her coming on to him or vice versa. Do I really even want to hear that though?

[/ QUOTE ]
OOT does
Old 06-22-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Here's an article from a female point of view that might shed some insight into your situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, on the one hand, it dismays me to wonder if many women think this way and freely treat people like [censored]; on the other, everyone treats people who worship the ground they walk on like [censored].
Old 06-22-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What a bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, on the one hand, it dismays me to wonder if many women think this way and freely treat people like [censored]; on the other, everyone treats people who worship the ground they walk on like [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you contending that any of the examples cited do not in fact sound like gross / pathetic / sketchy guys? There are plenty of dudes like this, just sorta sleazy guys who are constantly running game in a passive-aggressive, weak sort of way. There isn't anything noble about it.

I do think you can be friends with a woman, even a woman you're genuinely attracted to, but it takes a lot of emotional / sexual maturity on both sides and the ability to laugh at [censored] - 'men and women can only be friends if they realize that Men and Women Cannot Be Friends,' as a (dude) friend of mine once put it. But these guys aren't really like that. They're just looking to score in a really lame-ass way.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:42 PM

OP,

Does it feel as if your whole life has gone down the crapper? Someone still wants you:

Old 06-22-2007, 10:45 PM

"girl of my dreams"

Maybe you should rethink this statement... especially since YOU were drinking.

You probably were lucky it happened.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What a bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Question:

What do you do as a guy to avoid being perceived like this once you are in the friend zone? I straight up asked a friend out and she said no. I still like her, so I'd either like to:
A) get over her and then be good friends with her, which is tough because everytime we hang out we have an amazing time and it makes me want her,
or
B) [censored] her brains out.

I guess the standard advice will be to ignore her/be cold to her. Which seems dumb since I enjoy being with her so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

If she says no, take her at her word and be glad she's not being a douchebag about getting asked, like it looks the girl in that article probably is.

It sounds like basically you're either kind of like those guys she talks about in the article or in danger of becoming one.

Seriously, just being a regular cool guy with her will put you so far above the maturity level of a lot of your peers that you will score points with her friends, at least the smarter ones. You just have to be perfectly clear to yourself, to her, and to everyone that you are not just biding your time and setting up traps so you can go BOO! one day.

Face it, a lot of girls get hit on so much that they even think they're getting hit on when they're not. You're not going to separate yourself out from the crowd by joining it anyway. So either be her friend or don't. If you are her friend and she one day tries to cross the line, fine, if you're still interested. If not, fine too. You're probably already being introduced to all of her friends with good recommendations by her, which is about ten times better than sleeping with just her anyway.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:13 AM