Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2006, 09:29 PM

Default Re: better politics forums

Troll posts take care of themselves.

If a troll post is a post of that most people don't like and don't think contributes to the forum, then they just won't respond to it. It'll be off the front page in an hour or two. If they do respond, then there's a reason for it. If you don't like a thread, just don't comment on it.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:36 PM

Like television, you have to learn to turn it off sometimes.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:41 PM

Good lord, people. Read the threads with titles that interest you, ignore the others. If you think someone's an annoying troll, ignore them.

Some people don't want to read about 9-11 conspiracies, some don't want to read obnoxious opinions about muslims, some don't want to read anymore about AC, some people don't want anymore Bush-is-a-murdering-liar threads; if everyone got their wish there wouldn't be a goddamn 2+2 Politics forum. Quit trying to make the moderators your friggin web nannies.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel this forum is moderated very well, and personally see no need for any big changes. Some people want more moderation, and others want less. No moderation style is ever going to please everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in favor of more moderation but on second thought it might not be neccessary. This isn't oot, there really isn't that much clutter.

That said I am getting real sick of the conspiricy threads. Cola, will you at least consider banning someone if that is all they post about? I mean come on, I am running out of funny replies to these idiots.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good lord, people. Read the threads with titles that interest you, ignore the others. If you think someone's an annoying troll, ignore them.

Some people don't want to read about 9-11 conspiracies, some don't want to read obnoxious opinions about muslims, some don't want to read anymore about AC, some people don't want anymore Bush-is-a-murdering-liar threads; if everyone got their wish there wouldn't be a goddamn 2+2 Politics forum. Quit trying to make the moderators your friggin web nannies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.

It's the diversity of this thread that makes it so hella cool. No one would want a forum that was all AC, or all anti-Bush, or all conspiracy theory etc
Old 04-19-2006, 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Politics ought to have a rule of only allow one conspiricy theory thread a week. That would help a lot and no one can say that it was shut down by the illuminiati or the Masons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Et Tu, Mr Malmuth?
Old 04-20-2006, 03:15 AM

Default Labels

[ QUOTE ]
Read the threads with titles that interest you, ignore the others.

[/ QUOTE ] Well, that's a good idea but the moderators should help out a bit there, instead of sitting on their fat behinds.

How about labeling every thread?

Examples :

THREAD TITLE "Bombing kills two hundred pregnant women in Iraq"
LABEL : Bush-hate

THREAD TITLE "Why we should not allow parents to touch their baby without the baby's consent"
LABEL : AC

THREAD TITLE "Wall Street Journal poll reveals women hate blowjobs"
LABEL : False data/Ignore

THREAD TITLE "Oil drilling begins inside Lincoln Memorial"
LABEL : Civil War
Old 04-20-2006, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't just about threads I'm not interested in; I'm interested in the Middle East (a lot), I'm interested in economics. But every time those subjects come up they degenerate into "let's nuke all Muslims"/conspiracy theory riots and AC-fests respectively. At least the latter are informed about their subject; the discussion about the ME tends to the incredibly ignorant/uninformed.. And there just aren't that many threads left after you get rid of the AC arguments and conspiracy people.

To clarify, I wasn't looking for any action from mods. I was looking for suggestions as to better politics forums, with a good few well-informed people and less of an overwhelming predominance of fringe/basically irrelevant opinions. So far I have been offered some far-left and some AC options.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
less of an overwhelming predominance of fringe/basically irrelevant opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

AC isn't irrelevant. Haven't you seen the 2p2 polling they've produced lately?

Just wait until they join forces with the Charlie Sheen crowd. Once this happens, I give it 6 months before the state crumbles. The compelling weight of their combined arguments is too much for any rational person to withstand.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
less of an overwhelming predominance of fringe/basically irrelevant opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

AC isn't irrelevant. Haven't you seen the 2p2 polling they've produced lately?

Just wait until they join forces with the Charlie Sheen crowd. Once this happens, I give it 6 months before the state crumbles. The compelling weight of their combined arguments is too much for any rational person to withstand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure what he's really looking for is a forum full of people like yourself, making compelling, thought-provoking posts like this one.