Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2006, 03:30 PM

Default Re: KK on A high board

I should have cut the action off after the flop. Given that the field checked the flop, makes the KK look better. But had I bet the flop, many pocket pairs call, and 1 pair hands with five outs will call, given the huge pot, and I will have no idea where I am in the hand. A pair of aces with a weak kicker also calls, as opposed to raising. So continuing on the flop will bloat the pot meven more without givign me much information. If the flop bet has +EV, this is certainly correct. But I would say that the KK needs to be ahead around 50% of the time for the flop bet to be good here (which I dont think they are). How often should the KK be ahead on the flop to make betting correct, given the fact that opponents will call with all sorts of stuff, not giving you much additional info?
Old 04-04-2006, 04:02 PM

Longterm, the player with the ace or a set or two pair or something will let you know on the flop or the turn. Many of them will raise (yes, even with a weak ace) the flop or the turn. Those that don't are more likely to be behind you than ahead. So you bet. When you bet, you usually gain information and collect bets from donkeys. You might not gain all the info you'd like but longterm, the c-bet is a big time +EV play on this type of super dry flop.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:09 PM

Bet the river.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:19 PM

I don't mind that we want to bet/fold on the flop, but if we are called, do we plan on check/folding the turn and river? Those would be my thoughts.