Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2006, 08:06 PM

Default Re: An idea that I proposed to Lee Jones

Is this not almost exactly what Party is doing with the Accelor-8-tor bonus and the other points for cash offers we had in prevoius months...
Old 03-28-2006, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Earlier this year Lee PM'd me looking for an opinion on how rakeback compares to PokerStars VIP/FPP program. After discussing the situation with him I proposed the idea of offering a monthly bonus similar to rakeback to the supernovas. The idea was that each supernova would be given a monthly bonus which would be determined by the amount that he had been playing previous months. Then, if the player obtained a certain number of points that month he would get the bonus. The bonuses would have to be substantial though, so that they were comparable to rakeback. For example, perhaps in the range of $1000-$1500 for a player who plays 30k hands of 5/10 6 max. Or something similar to that. If this was implemented how would you react?

[/ QUOTE ]

Horseshit. Why do the morons who play ten tables for 16 hours straight get all the perks while the regular Joes get the Jimmy Dean?

Give everybody the same deal. That way--the more you play--the more you make.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Earlier this year Lee PM'd me looking for an opinion on how rakeback compares to PokerStars VIP/FPP program. After discussing the situation with him I proposed the idea of offering a monthly bonus similar to rakeback to the supernovas. The idea was that each supernova would be given a monthly bonus which would be determined by the amount that he had been playing previous months. Then, if the player obtained a certain number of points that month he would get the bonus. The bonuses would have to be substantial though, so that they were comparable to rakeback. For example, perhaps in the range of $1000-$1500 for a player who plays 30k hands of 5/10 6 max. Or something similar to that. If this was implemented how would you react?

[/ QUOTE ]

Horseshit. Why do the morons who play ten tables for 16 hours straight get all the perks while the regular Joes get the Jimmy Dean?

[/ QUOTE ]

And the reason the poker site should do this is because...

Of course they're going to reward high volume players. Why? Because they want people to play more.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW - I was optimistic about the VIP club on Stars and I still think it's a decent idea. But, like many others, I kind of burned-out on it and don't think it's the best of my available options. I only have 5800 VPP's this year.
I don't think it compares favorably enough to RB on many of the other sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

exatcly. at first the store seemed cool, but what we want is money. it really doesnt compare imo.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about lower VIP players?? Silver, Gold, Plat.????

[/ QUOTE ]

im not sure, perhaps a bonus for every player? that would be a lot more work though. maybe just plats+novas
Old 03-28-2006, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm never going to play enough to be a supernova, so this would have no influence on me at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

perhaps i underestimated how long it takes to get to nova and how many people will get there.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting, what did Lee think of this idea? I'd jump all over this btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

he just said they would consider the suggestion or something.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this not almost exactly what Party is doing with the Accelor-8-tor bonus and the other points for cash offers we had in prevoius months...

[/ QUOTE ]

no, the accelor8or bonus is trying to get us to play more than we previously were. for some of us a LOT more.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:45 PM

I can and probably will reach Supernova this year.

The only problem is that there is very little benefit to me, since I figure I'll probably reach it sometime around December 1st.

As I understand the rules (and correct me if I'm wrong), I only get the points benefit of 3.5x FPP until December 31st.

That's only 1 month of higher bonus for me (possibly less if I don't reach my target).

That's really not much of an incentive to reach Supernova (and play more once I'm there).

I understand that you can buyin to live tournaments with your points if you are Supernova (and that's the main drawing point for players that won't reach it until close to the end of the year). Unfortunately, that's not any help to me as I have no desire to do that at this point in my career.

What players like me need is to have the point bonus and freerolls extended until at least halfway through the next year. (It would be particularly nice ... and similar to rakeback ... if the 3.5x point bonus was extended to the WHOLE next year).

It would give me more incentive to play; I can assure you of that. It's nice to get rewards because I keep all of my poker money in my roll. Basically, rewards make me WANT to play because that's my *fun* money.

If any PokerStars person would like to look up the amount of rake I've paid since January, you'll see that I'm a pretty valuable customer (I'm guessing it's somewhere around 6K so far this year?). I'm not planning on going elsewhere at this point because I like PokerStars. However, the amount that I currently play could probably double if there was more incentive for me to play. Let's face it, it takes a whole lot of FPPs to do anything special with. The benefit to stars to extend the SuperNova FPP bonus would be well worth it to both them and the frequent players. Those players are making Stars a LOT of money and I can't see how it wouldn't pay off to make them want to play even more.

Oh, and read the thread about the SNG tournament leaderboard.

Hopefully someone important reads this.
Ryan
Old 03-28-2006, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i just assume it would be way too much work to do it for everyone.