Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2006, 01:35 PM

Default Re: I Hate Slow Playing - But Should We Do It Here?

NO.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:37 PM

grunch

i would bet. you can only extract something if one or both hit any dubios kind of a hand/draw. they will pay. i would hope for a raise (and a reraise [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ).
it looks like a continuation bet and wont throw loose callers out.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this thread is awesome so far.

clear flop check. check raise the guy who wont bet. then check raise no one on the turn after no one bets the flop. then bet the river and let them call or fold hands that would have paid to get to the river. yeah that sounds good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Miles, I think you mixed up your vitamins and your Sarcastic Bastard pills this morning. I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] that.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:43 PM

Joking aside, I could see an argument for a slowplay if we'd switched the opponents and the now-LAGgy BB had 3-bet us preflop.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Joking aside, I could see an argument for a slowplay if we'd switched the opponents and the now-LAGgy BB had 3-bet us preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an excellent point. Which one of them is the aggro one, and which is the passive one? You want to get bets in on this flop, so if BB is aggro you can check and raise when he bets and button calls. If button is aggro, then bet, get called by BB and call button's raise, planning to donkbet the turn.

Edit: it's still not a slowplay, tho. A slowplay, here, sucks. It's just figuring out how to get the most bets in on this street.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an excellent point. Which one of them is the aggro one, and which is the passive one? You want to get bets in on this flop, so if BB is aggro you can check and raise when he bets and button calls. If button is aggro, then bet, get called by BB and call button's raise, planning to donkbet the turn.

Edit: it's still not a slowplay, tho. A slowplay, here, sucks. It's just figuring out how to get the most bets in on this street.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet out; if the lag raises, smooth call and checkraise either the turn or the river depending on whether or not you think he'll fold to the former.

There's your slowplay for this hand.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:01 PM

I really hate to slow play anything. This could be a good spot to do it in, however I would hate the thought of this getting checked thru on the flop. So I would throw a continuation bet out there and hope the LAG has something w/ a K and a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Old 03-28-2006, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet out; if the lag raises, smooth call and checkraise either the turn or the river depending on whether or not you think he'll fold to the former.

There's your slowplay for this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for that.

jkd
Old 03-28-2006, 02:29 PM

*grunch*

I bet and hope they hang around for the ride. If you check/raise, if the hand doesn't end on the flop, it will be over on the turn as soon as you bet out.

Bet and hope they just call it down IMO.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But still, we can bet/3-bet the lag. I can't see a reason to slowplay a flush. Now a flopped set on a 59Jr board HU vs a lag might be profitable.