Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2006, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Should I report these guys?

[ QUOTE ]
“It’s your turn now”
“Hehehehe”

I assume that he wrote it to the other guy (apparently he did not realize that I had just reconnected) so they had probably made a deal about taking turns to steal my blinds. At least the CS of VC could easily check what they wrote to each other while I was disconnected (since i can't).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how the action played out, but couldn't they have been regularly stealing your blinds while you were disconnected and still playing normally for the most part... then on this particular hand when the button folds, it's obvious the other guy gets to steal your blind, so he types: "it's your turn" in the chatbox. At that point if you're disconnected, it's no mystery the SB gets to treal your blind. OR ALTERNATIVELY, the button (when it is your BB) has been stealing the blinds regularly while you were disconnected. He finally folds and types: "it's your turn". From the evidence you have, there is very little to go on. How would colluding here help either one of them? Unless you return before you blind out, they will both finish top 2. You lose the same amount of BB's anyway it plays out. They get no marginal benefit from colluding. Sorry you got disconnected. Better luck next time.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:38 PM

I agree with stellar and rika.

semi-similar situations:
In a freeroll I had an opponent who wanted to make a similar arrangement to steal everyone else's blinds. I think we were the only 2 live people at the table.
I had super position on him so of course I wasn't going to agree.

And by playing normally and not responding to him I believe I got myself out of any potential harm if support somehow looked into it.

In short, you can play however you like and nobody expects that you won't be blind-stealing when somebody is missing.
But talking about it...and specifically making an agreement to TAKE TURNS on his blind is completely inappropriate.

Here, we don't know if they made such an agreement. We only have a hunch based on the tail-end of the conversation that we caught.
But I agree that if they looked at the previous chat that he missed that they might have found something there.

It's the exact same (imo) as when 3 players are in a hand with one of the players all-in.
Of course it's fine-and-dandy for the other 2 players to check it down.
But it's completely inappropriate for one of them to say, "We have to check it down here to get rid fo the other guy. It's better for both of us."

As was also mentioned though...these guys in the $11 SNG probably had no idea they were doing anything wrong.
And it's not enough money to bother about anyway.

OP- Thanks for the compliment btw.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If the events went as i guess, dont you think that is colluding?

[/ QUOTE ]

unfortunately, no.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then i will have to most respecktfully disagree with you. But as i posted previously i't really does not matter here, cause the amount in question was so small, they might have not done a deal in the first place and one should be nice to fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

i once played a $215 HU sit-n-go against Ok. Johnny Hale when he launched his site. he got disconnected 5 minutes into it, and i could have sat out, or power raised. i power raised.

was it an angle? maybe. cheating? no.

put yourself in their shoes. a player has lost contact and they need only bust him out to make the money. i think you would have done the same.

if you think the collusion was the conversation, you are wrong. if i say to you in the chat box "player x is disconnected, let's steal his blinds", i am NOT cheating. if i say in the chat box, "player x is low on chips, let's call his bets and check it down", that's cheating.

if you and the other posters in this thread that think it is collusion don't get this, there is nothing more i can do to explain my opinion.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:24 PM

why not just tell support and see what they say instead of spending time discussing the hypothetical ethics of the situation.

I would wager a ton that they don't a thing.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why not just tell support and see what they say instead of spending time discussing the hypothetical ethics of the situation.

I would wager a ton that they don't a thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there is enough support from the zoo to ask for the chat dialog out of curiosity, then i will ask it. And you can wager all you want before i get the results.

FWIW after scrapperdog's scenario, i would wager in the side that no deal was done (getting 1:1 odds), but since i'm a low buy-in grinder, i cant wager a ton anyway.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If the events went as i guess, dont you think that is colluding?

[/ QUOTE ]

unfortunately, no.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then i will have to most respecktfully disagree with you. But as i posted previously i't really does not matter here, cause the amount in question was so small, they might have not done a deal in the first place and one should be nice to fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

i once played a $215 HU sit-n-go against Ok. Johnny Hale when he launched his site. he got disconnected 5 minutes into it, and i could have sat out, or power raised. i power raised.

was it an angle? maybe. cheating? no.

put yourself in their shoes. a player has lost contact and they need only bust him out to make the money. i think you would have done the same.

if you think the collusion was the conversation, you are wrong. if i say to you in the chat box "player x is disconnected, let's steal his blinds", i am NOT cheating. if i say in the chat box, "player x is low on chips, let's call his bets and check it down", that's cheating.

if you and the other posters in this thread that think it is collusion don't get this, there is nothing more i can do to explain my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

If a player has lost connection and i need only bust him out to make the money, i'm sure as hell going to raise the gyus blinds (the last time i did that HU was to day in fact).

But the situation is totally different when two players make a deal that they take turns to steal blinds. In other words you can do as long as there is no deal.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:02 PM

You need to play on easier site...it happened to me months ago...disconnected when BB=100 and 5 players still in on PStars...found I finished 2nd when I checked my email later.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But the situation is totally different when two players make a deal that they take turns to steal blinds. In other words you can do as long as there is no deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't you get it? they HAVE to make a deal. the player out of position is not going to let the player IN position get your whole stack. it has to be even.