Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Cardrunners vids any good?

The other limit CR pro is dean. They just added another limit pro to the roster that according to schneids will play an entirely different style than him.

Anyone have a review on the NL cash game quality from stoxpoker? Thinking of subscribing to them.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would any of C/R's vids be worth watching for NL cash games, and if so, who's their best player please?

[/ QUOTE ]

watch jmans video, thats about it lol
Old 10-08-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The other limit CR pro is dean. They just added another limit pro to the roster that according to schneids will play an entirely different style than him.

Anyone have a review on the NL cash game quality from stoxpoker? Thinking of subscribing to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Should I join card runners if I am only looking for Limit videos, or it is not worth it?

Are there any better sites for LHE.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:53 PM

DC is excellent for limit according to the site owners - http://www.deucescracked.com/
Old 10-08-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Should I join card runners if I am only looking for Limit videos, or it is not worth it?

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't watched any of the limit videos, so I can't say how good the quality of the material is (although they definitely seemed to have picked very strong players to make them). But if I were (still) a limit player, I don't think it would be worth it to get a full membership, at least not until there are more videos.

OTOH, you can get a silver membership and buy the videos individually. Then you could decide if it's worth it to keep going.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't watched any of the limit videos, so I can't say how good the quality of the material is (although they definitely seemed to have picked very strong players to make them). But personally, if I were (still) a limit player, I don't think it would be worth it to get a full membership, at least not until there are more videos.

OTOH, you can get a silver membership and buy the videos individually. Then you could decide if it's worth it to keep going.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks DMoogle.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are there any better sites for LHE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Allen, for the year or so before it was revamped Stoxpoker was more or less a limit specialty site, and as the guy who's inherited most of the LHE duties from Stoxtrader I feel pretty comfortable saying that we have some wicked powerful and unique limit content there. We now have free 3 minute demos for each video, and if you take a peek at videos 108 and 128 I think you'll probably get a pretty good idea of what I mean.

Of course, Dean and Schneids at CR are also pretty good and I would imagine either option would be worth your money.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:35 AM

I have to stay away from schneids videos, cuz everytime I watch them I tend to dump at least a hundo in limit games before I come to my senses.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Post what levels you play at and I'll give you some good vids for that level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair 'nuff. I've been playing 5/10 full ring NL at various sites since '04 and winning at around 5BB ($1 per hand.) So I'd be looking for more advanced play in the hope of picking up a new idea or two...

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't have any full ring 5/10 NL game videos, just 6 handed. There, I would say that Brian and Taylor's vids are the best. Brian has a real nice 3 part 5/10 series which lasts about 45 minutes each.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So no standouts amongst their NL cash game players then? (As in their very best player.)

[/ QUOTE ]

It all depends on the levels that you play at. Sbrugby is the best cash game player at the higher levels, but if you play 200NL, then he wouldn't be your man.

Post what levels you play at and I'll give you some good vids for that level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any suggestion for a 50NL video?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Brystmar's 12th vid which is an into to LAG play on PokerStars at the 50NL level.

Prior to that, he did a real nice 5 part SSNL(50NL) series on FTP that was really good for a beginning player. That led to the LAG vid that I mentioned earlier.