Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 09:32 AM

Default Re: 400nl: Confession: I suck at 3bet pots. Please help!

OP, I'd cbet all 4 of them.
probably 70 for the first one, i'm not sure how to handle a checkraise. kinda think about it if it happens, id probably fold though.
for the second one, people like the idea ofa checkraise, since they see "I have a draw!" and that's really not terrible. It's very obvious/straightforward/you're not guaranteed to get a bet, and you dont want it checking through, so... I'm normally potting it.
I'd bet small on the 3rd one, you're very willing to stack off, do the 3part installment plan. like 45 - 135 - push.
the last one is akin to the 3rd hand but you're only repping that and clearly are not going to "go broke" with ace high. bet kinda small to set up a 2nd barrel for a T, Q, K, or A.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
theyre only optimal spots for him to 3bet if he knows what to do on the flop. if he check folds every flop he misses then no its not a good spot to 3bet. i didnt think it was that difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]
He clearly isn't planning on check/folding all of those.

[ QUOTE ]
im telling him that a part of his game hes trying to force in really isnt working out, and hes probably better off ditching the 3betting marginalish hands ip until he becomes more aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's sound advice. But your previous posts were condencending crap about your "golden secret of poker", how he's extraordinary nitty and stuff you ain't got no clue about.

[ QUOTE ]
if check wasnt the answer then you should probably bet which i said in the paragraph you quoted.

[/ QUOTE ]
All these hands should not necessairily be bets. So you're basically saying the hands he should not check he should bet and vice verse? That's great.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
u would probably be INFINITELY more comfortable if u stopped 3betting so often too much

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, lets not 3bet anything but QQ+, AK. Thats a very solid option, and not very exploitable either! /Sarcasm

Guys, these are relatively standard 3bets, there is no issue there. I could make this real easy for myself and only 3bet top 3% hands but Im actually trying to improve as a player rather than grind ssnl for the rest of my life. Thx

[/ QUOTE ]

actually only 3betting QQ+,AK isn't very exploitable. Its even less exploitable if you sometimes don't 3bet QQ+, AK.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
actually only 3betting QQ+,AK isn't very exploitable.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's exploitable in a not ever getting action when you have a good hand kind of way.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
actually only 3betting QQ+,AK isn't very exploitable.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's exploitable in a not ever getting action when you have a good hand kind of way.

[/ QUOTE ]
the way the games are now though it would take a while for people to understand this, and during that stretch, OP's very nitty 3betting probably would do VERY well.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:22 AM

I dont like the way, i am contbetting every flop because i can.. you cant represent a big hand every time you 3bet on the flop, sometimes you have to just let it go because you have to care about your image. At hand no. 4 i probably just call a 3bet w/AA.. sometimes kings, sometimes w/queens, jacks for sure. I think bet here is -EV if you cant make him throw away a QQ :I
Old 10-02-2007, 06:33 PM

1-Check
2-Check flop, lead turn if he didnt bet flop
3-Bet/fold
4-Bet/fold