Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 08:57 PM

Default Re: I\'M SO SICK OF THIS SPOT (QQ flops over pair in 3 bet pot)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
call down, def go broke.

[/ QUOTE ]

R U serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah he is freakin' serious ... you are nittier than good old Ebenezer
Old 09-01-2007, 08:57 PM

c/c. c/f to double barrel
Old 09-01-2007, 09:02 PM

i didn't notice that you were UTG, if he is a TAG, he won't be 3betting you light. but TT+, AQ+ is not a crazy range, afterall i normally raise 22+, KQo, AJo UTG as standard so you are ahead of a TAG's range with TT i think.

there is such a thing as protecting your hand rather than raising merely for value on the flop. you don't want to c/c then have to fold when an ace hits, wheras by checkraising you get a Cbet out of AK. JJ may call may fold depending on the player. it's impossible to put him on KK or AA, and c/c, c/c is a fairly bad line IMO when he is unlikely to double barell you as a bluff.

note: the shove is only ok if you are shoving alot of hands in this spot, ie - sets, flushdraws, straightdraws, overpairs etc.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you have anything on him at all? Any stats? What's his sn?

[/ QUOTE ]

God taketh, or something like that.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:06 PM

LEt me have a try.

Basically your first reaction to his 3bet should be a question. Am I putting my stack in here with QQ only vs this player (raggy board).

If the answer is no, then play your hand in a way you can fold the cheapest while being the surest he has KK+. one way to do that be a small 4bet preflop. With the right read you can easily fold to a 5bet. That has drawbacks though, as he might just flat the 4bet. You could also play bet-fold flop. Problem here again is that he might flat with KK+ or raise with JJ. Or maybe c/c flop, c/f turn. Again this is exploitable but vs some opponents this is the way to go. Choose one of these 3 lines which works best for your opponent. If you think they all wont be good enough then...

the answer is yes, I am putting my stack. Now you should focus on doing that vs the widest possible range of his. Against some LAGers 4bet pre might be best b/c they might shove JJ or AQ. Against a laggy tag you can simply call down facing a 2 barreling AK. Against a nit you should probably lead flop for 1/2 pricing their JJs in.

So now lets look at what you did wrong. You choose YES while still doing what is described in the NO part, you made sure you are against KK+ almost always. Very Bad.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

18/11/1.93/279
Old 09-01-2007, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

18/11/1.93/279

[/ QUOTE ]

heh this hand just got a whole lot worse
Old 09-01-2007, 09:13 PM

I guess what I am asking is this: should I just accept the fact that this spot sucks and I'm going broke (like AA vs KK aipf)?

If so, then so be it, I won't get bent out of shape about this going forward.

If I just call the flop bet, then there is $124 in the pot on the turn, so I'm pretty much folding or going all-in. Should I check raise the turn all-in to get max value from worse?
Old 09-01-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LEt me have a try.

Basically your first reaction to his 3bet should be a question. Am I putting my stack in here with QQ only vs this player (raggy board).

If the answer is no, then play your hand in a way you can fold the cheapest while being the surest he has KK+. one way to do that be a small 4bet preflop. With the right read you can easily fold to a 5bet. That has drawbacks though, as he might just flat the 4bet. You could also play bet-fold flop. Problem here again is that he might flat with KK+ or raise with JJ. Or maybe c/c flop, c/f turn. Again this is exploitable but vs some opponents this is the way to go. Choose one of these 3 lines which works best for your opponent. If you think they all wont be good enough then...

the answer is yes, I am putting my stack. Now you should focus on doing that vs the widest possible range of his. Against some LAGers 4bet pre might be best b/c they might shove JJ or AQ. Against a laggy tag you can simply call down facing a 2 barreling AK. Against a nit you should probably lead flop for 1/2 pricing their JJs in.

So now lets look at what you did wrong. You choose YES while still doing what is described in the NO part, you made sure you are against KK+ almost always. Very Bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

good post, thx man
Old 09-01-2007, 11:41 PM

hand is pointless without reads. against unknown with 100bb, i c/c flop, reevaluate turn.