Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 01:46 AM

Default Re: 25NL video by ssnler

http://www.techsmith.com/codecs/tscc/default.asp

the techsmith codec - then WMP should play it fine.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:52 AM

Very nice, worked perfect, thanks for the tip fozzy.

Scratch that request Sirasoni, I can view it now.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:31 AM

Just finished watchin the first video Looking forward to watching the 2nd one. The 2nd downloaded much faster. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ~1 MB/s [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Took me about 5 minutes to download the entire 280 MB

Old 09-02-2007, 07:45 AM

Firstly, I've downloaded Your first vid yesterday night, today I've watched it. Im playing NL20 so it was quite nice to watch someone better play. I think most of the plays You did I would play the same way (considering the stats You're mentioning from hud). The only diefferent thing is the nut flush vs second nut flush. I would bet straight away all-in. I believe some (let's assume 50%) players at that level will call You EASY with his second best nut flush. It looks like a bluff. I think multilevel thinking is about that at that level. "why did he bet all-in straight away? he was drawing to his J-high flush? or what? I need to call him". dunno if Im right, just my 5cents.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sira, recognize your voice. did you make an mtt vid before?

also, where in socal?

thanks for the vid. more plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, these have been my first vids for 2p2. I live in the suburbs around LA, but I go to school in the OC (Irvine).

maciczka: I definitely think this is a spot where having a pretty good read on your opponent results in a massively huge profit, as opposed to whatever I got. In other words, if I knew he was capable of min-raising with such a powerful hand (top pair good kicker with a draw to the 2nd nut flush), I could've got a lot more in.

(Warning: long "thought process" analysis incoming, a lot of which is already found in the video) Unfortunately at the time I didn't really know how he played. To me, it felt like his minraise was either trying to get value with a made flush (probably a weak one), or most likely trying to protect against the flush (which for obvious reasons is not as effective when it's only a minraise). I figured he would raise much larger with two pair or a very good queen, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I felt that most players on my tables were passive in general, and so he would easily check behind a pair on the turn (as he should) - therefore my small-ish bet was to keep him continuing with that pair. If he made a flush, I really didn't expect him to have a large one, so I bet what I visualized a mediocre flush would call.

Hopefully my thought process makes sense to you - clearly in that particular scenario my analysis was incorrect - however we play with the information we are given at the time (and I didn't have much). Once again: Decide what his range is based on how the hand played out (ex: a minraise might be a weak queen etc. etc.), understand his tendencies (ex: he will check behind most hands on the turn), and then decide what would be the best play based on this info. Had I known he would play KcQx that way, I definitely would have adjusted. If you are correct in that ~50% would've called an all in lightly, then it was a simple matter of me not having been used to the metagame at 25nl - which is just another example of "nothing is ever final, always adjust accordingly".

Having said that, I didn't have much reason to believe he would level himself, and it's not something you should be relying on very often to be honest. I fully understand that sort of thinking and I agree it could work, but often you are probably losing out on some value as well when he may have otherwise called with a weak two pair or something.

I think I should reiterate once again, since I see that people from lower limits are watching the video: My preflop play is VERY peculiar and is most likely not a recommended style of play. Playing VERY abc/standard preflop will most likely win you even more money, so take this as a "well if you insist on playing light, then here are some scenarios" sort of thing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I just really really don't want to get a pm someday down the line saying "I tried playing super loose like you did in the video and since then I've lost 10 buy ins!" etc. :P

Thanks for the comments everyone, I'm glad you guys have liked it so far.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:35 AM

Thank you so much for the videos. I agree that it is very valuable to see not just the thought provoking hands, but every single hand during a session. Sometimes I think my worst leaks are in the plays I assume to be standard when really they aren't at all.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:51 PM

thx for reply, also can You please upload the second video not to megaupload. It's impossible in 1/2 half of europe to get in there (they cut the limits to like 100people at time). take speedyshare.com instead for example.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will download and get you some feedback! I would be interested in a nitty table video [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-02-2007, 07:50 PM

http://www.sendspace.com/file/56rf93 (Video #2 Mirror)

Had to use sendspace again because it's the only other one I found that allows up to 300 megs. Hopefully it won't be too slow for you. Enjoy
Old 09-02-2007, 09:36 PM

I downloaded the second vid and the audio seems out of sync. You are commenting on hands that happens 2 minutes later or so.