Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2006, 09:25 AM

Default Re: The way to the WSOP for nothing ?!?

[ QUOTE ]
Are US players eligible?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) It starts March 1 at 00:00 Central European time. Which is Feb. 28 - 18:00 EST.

2) Yes, it is open for US residents

3) Yes, you will also get your monthly VIP CashBack.

Problems you will run into:

a) if you play limit, the games become very sparse after 7 pm EST
b) You can play as many tables as you wish, but you cannot move tables between two monitors – because of the Java Applet.

Things I have encountered at 24h:
a) It is Poker Tracker capable
b) It is not Poker ACE HUD compatible
c) You can right click on your empty screen on the desktop – select properties and choose the change the other screen to be primary. This allows you to open 8 tables on two different screens.

Note: Open 4 tables, change primary screens, then any tables opened after that go to the other monitor.

d) Raked hands of .30 or more count toward VIP points. Some how though - and I cannot figure it out yet – I played about 450 total hands last night and I have 600 VIP points – so I am not too sure about the calculations.
e) The games play extremely fast when you turn off all the animation. It auto posts blinds for you and when a person bets, posts, etc, it says it over their name.
i.e. You will see: “Big B” over some ones name and/or you will see “raise (2)”
f) They have a sound option that annoys me, but is extremely useful when playing many tables there
g) You cannot see where the person is from, or if you have notes on the person unless you click on them.
h) The Omaha games are more frequent than the OH8 games. & They have 5 card draw!!!
i) Tables and Lobby can go gray. It is a Java glitch, just min/max the window and it refreshes.

Does anyone know who to write a program that allows you to change primary screens or fixes the 4 table problem?

I’ll post more as I play there more.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there rakeback for 24h poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

I searched real quick for rakeback, but did not see any. I looked at the affiliate page, but it was just an emaill offer, no info there.

I had already been signed up, so I just started playing, but they do have a VIP refund deal - sorta like self rakeback.
500 VIP = E 100
20000 VIP = E 600
30000 VIP = E 1000

just a quick summary from
http://www.24hpoker.com/main.aspx?ID...0-BCD77AC845EA
Old 03-01-2006, 10:47 AM

Traffic isn't bad at all during US day time hours. Usually 4-5k players. Its pretty much dead every night after 11PM though.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the last week for the milwaukee's best light freeroll. I entered twice and came in around 30th once. At least I won a nifty chipset.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got my "chip set" in the mail this week. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] I gave it to my kids.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:43 PM

OK - so let's crunch some numbers and time and money:

Stars:
+ FPP
- no rakeback
+ tons of tables 24h a day
+ Poker Tracker
+ PAHUD
+ easily multitable 24 hr a day

24h:
+ VIP that acts as rakeback
- Very limited - more so after 7 pm EST
+ Poker Tracker
- no PAHUD
+ trouble multitable 24 hr a day (maybe 2 or 3 tables)
Old 03-01-2006, 02:59 PM

60K --> 488 raked --> 650 hands
90K --> 732 raked --> 950 hands
120K --> 976 raked --> 1200 hands
160K --> 1301 raked --> 1650 hands

assuming about 4 of 5 hands are raked and rounding a little, you would need to average 488 raked hands every day from March 1 - June 30. (about 650 total hands at 2/4 limit or better).

I was looking to see if VIP points are greater for high limits. but I cannot find it anywhere. Now you will also get VPIP conversion points too so you will have 30K+1 a month, you will get E 1000 on top.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:02 PM

one thing I don't particularly like about the 24h thing is that it appears they buy the flight for you up to $1k.

So if I can fly for less than $1k it appears I don't get a refund and they just keep that extra money.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:25 PM

I'm guessing $1k = about E1.2k.
And I'm guessing WSOP ME package is worth around $12k-$13k (some people might not use all $1k of their flight-allowance...and many people would choose to not stay all 15 days at the hotel).

30k raked-hands in month = $0.04 in cash

But if you're going for the main-event you need to play 40k raked-hands in month and don't get anything extra in cash-back for those hands above 30k/mth.

So that's just $0.03/hd in cash for 40k hands/mth.

For main-event package of 160k raked-hands for $12k to $13k package you are earning $0.075/rh to $0.081/rh in value towards the seat.

So for the main-event package you are earning at about $0.12/raked-hand in cash and tourney-value combined.

There are different ways to get lesser packages on 24h (will you still play 30k raked-hands in month or not).
So I'll just guesstimate it to be around $0.07 - $0.10 per raked-hand for a lesser package there (cash and tourney-package value combined) depending on how you do it...you can figure it out for your situation.

Meanwhile - Stars earns about 5.6 cents per raked-hand in value AFTER you have reached super-nova status (this is AFTER your first 100k raked-hands there).

You will be earning 4.0 cents per raked-hand as a platinum there I believe (after your first 10k raked-hands).

You do also get entries into several freerolls each Saturday varying in value.

But for just clearing the points for purposes of getting a WSOP seat it doesn't compare favorably.

You would likely need to play 225k to 240k raked-hands to get a WSOP package through them I believe (prices for main-event aren't up yet...and it also depends on how quickly you get your first 100k raked-hands).

On Stars you would get no additional cash-back. But you would get all those freerolls which would actually be not too far from the cash-value on 24h.

Finally - last year ODoyleRules played 120k total hands on true (raked or unraked I believe) in a special deal he struck with them for a WSOP seat. True lost money on the deal (but liked the publicity) so I don't think they would do that again.
I thought odoyle got a really good deal with them.

160k raked-hands on 24h is a taller order indeed. But actually isn't a half-bad deal.
Especially since you get some cash-back on top of that at $0.03/raked-hand or so.

Finally - I've noticed that at some of the lower-limits they do rake in E0.05 increments. And I think it is jump in pot-level to get from a E0.25 rake to a E0.50 rake.
In other words, there's a reason they use the point cutoff as E0.30...because at 1/2 and lower many of the hands fall short of that mark (not sure about 2/4).

If Vinny can confirm that you can actually get more points at higher limits then that would change things quite a bit obviously.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:17 PM

Bonuswhores has a section on this site, so we should be able to take their clearance rates and extrapolate pts/hr/table for most limits.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:23 PM

What about the PokerPlex offer? Generate 100K in rake from January to July and get a seat. You get 30K+ depending on your rakeback deal plus the 10K seat. Sounds like it would take some dedication but I imagine there will be a few that do it.

I am doing mine through my rakeback provider at SunPoker. I estimate I will generate 80K of rake and play 260K raked hands (375K total) from Jan 1st to May 31st. An 11K package plus the 25K in rakeback I will get. And of course more MPP's than I will know what to do with.