Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 07:47 PM

Default Re: PP raise or fold?

[ QUOTE ]
Flops with 2 or more overcards I'm checking and calling 1 but not 2 bets back - basically trying to play WA/WB as much as I can with multiple opponents (works against passives but usually not against aggro opponents).

When I raise I'm betting pretty much any flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, then it looks like the source of our disagreement is that I'm playing these postflop wildly different from the above. I especially think c/c'ing 2 overcard flops is terrible, raise or no raise.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flops with 2 or more overcards I'm checking and calling 1 but not 2 bets back - basically trying to play WA/WB as much as I can with multiple opponents (works against passives but usually not against aggro opponents).

When I raise I'm betting pretty much any flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, then it looks like the source of our disagreement is that I'm playing these postflop wildly different from the above. I especially think c/c'ing 2 overcard flops is terrible, raise or no raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may right depending on the game - I have to admit that I have been reading WITHG lately which is a good playbook for how to play against super aggro monkey boys but does assume that your opponents bluff A LOT and as such can be hard to apply to more passive games.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:43 AM

i think there is a better chance of us taking down this pot by raising pf. i think by doing so the callers put us on high cards. a high flop comes we might be able to pick it up with a c-bet. however we will need to be willing to get rid of this hand if we reach resistance.

needless to say in this given hand im raising almost every time. i dont see why we shouldnt because our hand fairs to be the best hand. yeah we will get beat quite a few times but i think when they do fold down it will make up for what we have committed those times they call us on the flop.

this is a play i like to use when i have my pokeracehud running as i show on my stats the frequency of a players fold to c-bet which i think is incredibly vital information. if its heads up and the frequency is 35%+ im betting every time. being this isnt the case in this hand cause its not heads up we can still figure what kind of hands people will call with on this flop