Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Final
Airplane! (1980, Robert Hayes, Julie Haggerty) 129 43.43%
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975, Gilliam, Cleese, etc.) 168 56.57%
Voters: 297. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Do other vegetarians still like the taste of meat?

I went two weeks without eating any meat one time, just to see if I could. The chicken salad sandwich I broke my meat-fast with was one of the most delicious things I've ever tasted.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:38 PM

- I'm not vegetarian

- I hate the taste and mouth feel of red meat. I like most poultry and fish, if they're not too fatty.

- I hate animals
Old 08-09-2007, 09:32 PM

Of course they like the taste of meat. See the many flavours of tofu.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:59 PM

I eat fish a couple of times a week so I probably don't count, but I really don't find red meat that appealing any more. Steak kind of looks disgusting to me now. I do still desire some meat dishes such as yummy coneys and cheeseburgers and things but I don't feel deprived not having them.

What has changed is my appreciation for vegetables, legumes and grains, which has shot through the roof. Even simple brown rice perfectly cooked tastes amazing.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guess it would have been too tough to put a "BASTARD/NOT A VEGAN/ SHOW ME RESULTS" option.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will do this in the future... I forgot that not putting an option like this will make 1/3 of posters complain that the option isn't available.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I eat fish a couple of times a week so I probably don't count, but I really don't find red meat that appealing any more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't consider you a vegetarian.

Along these lines... when I eat at an asian person's house or go out with some of my not-to-close asian friends and inform them I am a vegetarian, most of the time I get a comment along the lines of "so you can eat fish, right?" Many are surprised seafood is considered non-vegetarian.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:44 AM

I was vegetarian for 2+ years, and even a gay vegan for ~15 months. I never stopped liking the taste of meat. Then one gloomy winter, I got depressed, kept getting a craving for a burger, and one afternoon thought, "f it". I went to my favorite diner, ordered a bacon cheeseburger medium rare, and enjoyed one of the best meals of my life.

Even if I look at those years as just being a retarded pack follower (many close veggie friends), a poseur, fickle, etc.. I'm glad I did it because, like amp, my taste for veggies has grown considerably. Prior to going veg, the only vegetables I really liked were green peppers and cucumbers. That's IT. Any other vegetable I consumed would be in the form of some sauce (or maybe sautéed onions). Now I love brussels sprouts, broccoli, beets, onions, artichokes, etc.

But I really love burgers.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I eat fish a couple of times a week so I probably don't count, but I really don't find red meat that appealing any more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Along these lines... when I eat at an asian person's house or go out with some of my not-to-close asian friends and inform them I am a vegetarian, most of the time I get a comment along the lines of "so you can eat fish, right?" Many are surprised seafood is considered non-vegetarian.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't consider myself vegetarian either of course. It's just a matter of where you draw the line. For some people, they might eat a shrimp but not a fish. Most people I know would not eat a monkey or a horse or an eagle, but would eat a goat or a goose.

I started out on this deal by removing all mammals from my diet, which was really easy, except that apparently bacon is a mammal. Then I went total vegetarian for some time including having no eggs but definitely having milk products. Then I added fish back in because then I don't have any worries about missing vital nutrients and because it really opens a lot of lunch choices up.

I still don't eat eggs, I just lost my desire for them, and I drink rice milk instead of milk now, but I dig yogurt and cheese and I have no reason to avoid milk products completely. It's all totally arbitrary, but whatever.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems to me that fish and other seafood are pretty low forms of life.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:24 AM

Ive been a vegan for over ten years now and i dont even like veggie products that are supposed to look/taste like meat anymore. I think all vegetarians become gradually more disgusted by meat with time