[ QUOTE ]
Bulls, Nuggets, Timberwolves under

Wizards, Jazz, Lakers over

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I was running good.

Houston missed it by just this much.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:16 PM

Default Re: NBA regular season wins

i was a guaranteed 2-0 on mine halfway through the season with phoenix over and seattle under. have to wait till the end of the year to get paid tho :/
Old 04-17-2006, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bulls, Nuggets, Timberwolves under

Wizards, Jazz, Lakers over

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I was running good.

Houston missed it by just this much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, 6-0. great work Clark. Hope you laid some big $$ on that. Please post next year. I'm 3-1, so it turned out okay for me. What did you mean by your Houston comment?

It's funny to look back at those expected lines. NY obviously the biggest underachiever, but it is still shocking to look at just how horrible they were. They were projected to win over 40 freaking games! Barely more than half that. Rockets missed by just as much, actually, but they have an excuse with T-Mac out for half the season.

On the plus side, Detroit had the incredible season everybody knows about, and New Orleans/OK had an even bigger jump, more than doubling their wins from last year and beating the line by at least 18 games. I mean, I knew that Chris Paul made an incredible impact, but that just blows my mind. How many rookies have added 20 wins to their teams? That is just amazing.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What did you mean by your Houston comment?

[/ QUOTE ]

There was another thread where Houston was debated all by itself and I suggested that their o/u of 53.5 was way too high given their injury issues and lack of depth. My comment was a reference to that thread. But seriously - 7 games isn't a huge sample size. Heck, based on my NCAA tourney performance this year, I'm hoping that 30 games isn't a huge sample size. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2006, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There was another thread where Houston was debated all by itself and I suggested that their o/u of 53.5 was way too high given their injury issues and lack of depth. My comment was a reference to that thread. But seriously - 7 games isn't a huge sample size. Heck, based on my NCAA tourney performance this year, I'm hoping that 30 games isn't a huge sample size. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

McGrady and Yao play a whole season together they can get 53/54...hindsight is 20/20...you can't account for injuries...personally, i think New Jersey was one of the best picks on the list...i wonder why?

Lawrence Frank
Old 04-18-2006, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

McGrady and Yao play a whole season together they can get 53/54...hindsight is 20/20...you can't account for injuries...personally, i think New Jersey was one of the best picks on the list...i wonder why?

Lawrence Frank

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not hindsight when you called your shot