Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 08:34 AM

Default Re: KQs BB facing WTF raise

[ QUOTE ]
so what about a 4bet to ~50, folding to a shove. only an idiot would bluff-shove then (but who lrr anyways besides an idiot?)

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree but lets 4bet to like 80 before folding to the shove, that way we KNOW he has the goods if he pushes in.... =/

just checking, noone calls here?
Old 07-30-2007, 11:12 AM

While I understand that your opponents seem horrible, and that his play is certainly odd, I don't think that justifies continueing this hand OOP against such unknowns (button can have anything, SB tough to tell). I don't think calling is therefore worthwhile, nor do I think a reraise or shove is a good idea. The SB might have a middle pair, 8s-10s perhaps, and going for a set and had a change of heart, or played a large pair in a very odd, albeit stupid way, but your hand is NOT the best at this juncture and you don't know where you stand after this upcoming flop. I'd fold.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
however, I've got no problem checking KQ in the BB

[/ QUOTE ]

i would contend you do have problems if you're checking KQ in the BB vs a button open limper and a sb complete
Old 07-30-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so what about a 4bet to ~50, folding to a shove. only an idiot would bluff-shove then (but who lrr anyways besides an idiot?)

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree but lets 4bet to like 80 before folding to the shove, that way we KNOW he has the goods if he pushes in....

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem with this line is that his push so obviously CANNOT be a bluff if you 4bet to $80 that it's the perfect spot for him to bluff, so i think that line is better with total garbage like 84o
Old 07-30-2007, 11:26 AM

I like the initial raise, and I probably just fold to the 3bet and move on.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:36 AM

Checking PF is burning money and it's not close. Again, I have no idea what to do after the raise. I get paralyzed by wierd [censored] like this. It is such a rarity that I would probably just fold and go get under the covers and suck my thumb for awhile.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How have you been playing so far this session?

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I can remember I hadn't been out of line in this session. Did he think he had some read on me from before? I can't be sure.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont understand why you'd shove in this spot. He's set up some sort of trap and his raise isnt very big so it looks like he wants action.

Even if he's got a med PP whats the point shoving when he's not gonna fold since he set things up to get the money in PF and your 50-50 at best.

As played I would call the raise since we've got position on the raiser. however, I've got no problem checking KQ in the BB

[/ QUOTE ]

If this guy is aggressive at all, then I shove. Coinflipping with money in the pot (especially someone elses) is always +EV

Does anyone with a brain really lrr AA,KK,QQ from the SB?
Old 07-30-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont understand why you'd shove in this spot. He's set up some sort of trap and his raise isnt very big so it looks like he wants action.

Even if he's got a med PP whats the point shoving when he's not gonna fold since he set things up to get the money in PF and your 50-50 at best.

As played I would call the raise since we've got position on the raiser. however, I've got no problem checking KQ in the BB

[/ QUOTE ]

If this guy is aggressive at all, then I shove. Coinflipping with money in the pot (especially someone elses) is always +EV

Does anyone with a brain really lrr AA,KK,QQ from the SB?

[/ QUOTE ]

What does someone with a brain lrr with?
Old 07-30-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree but lets 4bet to like 80 before folding to the shove, that way we KNOW he has the goods if he pushes in....

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem with this line is that his push so obviously CANNOT be a bluff if you 4bet to $80 that it's the perfect spot for him to bluff, so i think that line is better with total garbage like 84o

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone even look at the full hand and all the details before responding? SB has just over $80 to begin the hand. He was being sarcastic.

Here's my sarcasm...shove!!! Push KQ all in every time. It's golden. You're probably coinflipping, and you have fold equity too! $$$$$$$