Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2006, 03:27 PM

Default Re: AA, how\'s this look?

[ QUOTE ]
You have to admit though... at least I give some read info and put down a thought process on my hands. I try to give as much info as possible. I hate posts without the thought process and then on top fo that usually is the "NO READS" line!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, job well done on that. But "NO READS" is an important part of the game as we often have "no reads." So many people are coming and going at these tables. Stats can be vital to a topic's discussion. And this time they were important as they showed the villain was a wacko and you shouldn't have feared the six. It showed more aggresive play would be advised in this case. This was just one of those hands, however. That's poker. Better luck next time with AA.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:30 PM

*grunch*

3 bet the flop, there is no guarentee that there is a 6 in there. Actually, there's a better chance that there isn't a 6 becasue everyone is calling 2 bets cold.

This flop is raised by 9s,Ts,Js,Qs,Ks, maybe even a A8 right? That's why the 3 bet is crucial.

Now......if your 3 bet is raised by one of those knuckleheads that are calling 2 cold with a 6 then you safely know that your As are beat and the turn becomes a check/fold.

If noone raises your 3 bet, i would lead the turn and proceed CAUSIOUSLY looking for everyone w/o a 6 or an overpair slo-played to fold, this will probably end up with either 1,2,or no opponents after the K hits the turn.

a weak player may call the AK after all this thinking if he hits the A or K he's good. That's why you have with your hand hovering over the fold button if someone decides to wake up on the turn or river.

With the 3 bet on the flop, your hand plays much smoother.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Remember that you win 50% of the time you get AA or KK. Cap the flop and build the pot not because you want to decrease number of players, but because you are entitled to this pot 50% of the time. Of course, there are exceptions, but 868 is not one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, your kidding me right?? Im glad i posted before i saw this one or i wouldn't give any effort.